adamUK

Video of reserve repack

Hi

I've read various owners manuals for reserve repacks but are there any videos out there of it being done? Or am I going to have to persuade my rigger with beer/tequila to go through the process one afternoon at the DZ?

Just trying to push my understanding a bit further. :$

Cheers

Adam.

Or am I going to have to persuade my rigger with beer/tequila to go through the process one afternoon at the DZ?

Best option. He will be able to explain the differences between your rig and others if the are any and give you detailed information specific to your experience and understand
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

Check a vidoes on U-tube about a FLAT packing, all reserves are flat packed, all reserves are 7-cells, the difference is on a pilot chutes and a special tools requiered for different rigs, but flat packing is all the same... Also, if U wanna do it yourself, U may wanna go to a riggers course and learn it... My friend just did it and I may be going someday as well...
C U around a DZ...
Im a doctor! And I prescribe you skydiving, skydiving and more skydiving !!!

Check a vidoes on U-tube about a FLAT packing, all reserves are flat packed, all reserves are 7-cells, the difference is on a pilot chutes and a special tools requiered for different rigs, but flat packing is all the same... Also, if U wanna do it yourself, U may wanna go to a riggers course and learn it... My friend just did it and I may be going someday as well...
C U around a DZ...

May I disagree with you ?

Not all reserves are flat packed
Not all reserves are 7 cells

the difference is in bagging, closing, bridle placement, etc.

Can you not give advice in the area that you know very little about ?

C U around a DZ...

I don't know much, but I know this is wrong. There are 5, 7, and 9 cell reserves, as well as rounds. Many (if not most) reserves are essentially pro-packed. And not all flat-packs are the same.

For the record, that link that was posted is the JumpShack / Parachute Labs packing video, part 1.

And Deathwish, reserves are NOT typically flatpacked. They are essentially propacked, laid on the ground, carefully reflaked and everything carefully aligned, and have nose & tail arranged for a faster opening rather than a slower opening as with most mains.

There was a video from the rigger rodeo I think last year or year before, I believe from the PIA symposium. I think it was like a rigger packing race. Not ideal, because it's done in like 20 minutes, but it would give you a better idea of the basic steps.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YNLFwSejDo

Good luck!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

20 minutes ?? more like 11'45'.

Margaret is fast !
But better than fast, she is a very precise and admirable rigger.
She is one of my rigging role models.

Cute as hell too :$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ63wIytgQY&feature=plcp

Granted it's time lapsed and a tandem rig, but basically this.

I've had a few watch their repacks, they all learned something that they didn't know about their rigs.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"

... all reserves are flat packed ...

"

Flat-packing - of reserves - fell out of fashion in the mid-1990s because we needed to create a divot/crater to fit the battery box.

By then PRO-Packing was the norm for main canopies, so it was simpler to teach young riggers a neater version of PRO-Packing than to start from scratch teaching them flat-packing.
Over the last 15 years, the only reserves I have flat-packed are Strong Tandems, but that is a radically different process......