dropdeded

Lupus Sucks

Anyone have experience looking for a Dr. with knowledge of any particular disease?My wife has Lupus and its kicking her ass again and we cant get a Dr. that is knowledgable in her particular problem(the Lupus).
Is there some sort of list or something somewhere that might tell me of Dr.s familiar with this disease?
Just fishin here.

dropdeded
pcss#26
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

The Lupus foundation...I have a very close friend who has lupus and is in remission and is VERY active in the foundation, raising money for research and stuff. I dont know if they have a web page but will find out from her and get back to you.

I would appreciate any info:)I just got off the phone with my wife,the hospital is having a discharge person come see her tonight.This has happened several times and Im fuckin pissed>:(!
I completely understand that Lupus is a pretty hard disease to treat and most Dr.s are not very familiar with what it does to a person and treatment is a hit and miss deal.She has gone through quite a few different Dr.s,so far all of them have done pretty much nothing except fill her full of pain drugs,then when a Dr. checks into her history they think she is a drug seeker.Thats all they have done,given her drugs.The problem is her neck,shoulders and mainly her mid-back(this time).All we want is someone to tell us "the problem is.....,heres what we can do."
Im gonna miss school today and go rope me some Dr.s and make them tell me SOMETHING !!

Just needed to do some bitchin

Also would like to request some anti-Dr. killing vibes

blah blah blah

dropdeded

The Dude Abides.
-

I know nothing about Lupus, but, my only suggestion would be to check out the Lupus foundation and read all the information that is out there about different treatments. Go into the doctor's armed with information and questions. I know the frustration of having someone close to you who is sickand feeling like there is so much more that the doctor's should be doing. I wish you and your wife the best.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

Thanks for the tip on the site.Looks like a very informative resource.
Someone must have mentally sent the anti Dr. killing vibes cause they scheduled an MRI.I guess its possible that someone at the hospital is lurking dz.com and warned em;)

blah blah blah

dropdeded

The Dude Abides.
-

well I don't know much about lupus except that its an autoimmune disease. The immune system is so f&*king complicated that scientists are only just now starting tofigure it all out, and obviously we've got a long way to go. shit they can't even figure out why some people get allergies.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------