landmissle

An open letter to Michele

B| Hi Michele,

Just wanted to take but a moment to express my appreciation for your warm hearted reception this past Saturday at Perris. I can't tell you how nice it was to be strangers at the dropzone and to be welcomed so quickly and with such open arms.
I enjoyed reading your post about that first day and thank you for your kind words about Karen and myself. Obviously, the psycotropic medication has not worn off yet. Anyone, that can take a liking to me upon first introduction, let-alone through recollection (with no dimishment I might add.) is seriously medicated or genuinely a philanthropist that would make "Mother Teresa" seem like a hack. All kidding aside, I know more than I suspect, that the latter is indeed the case.
Karen and I had an absolutely fantastic time at your home dropzone the following week. While we met and jumped with numerous people, it would have been so much better if we could have had your company again. While I did enjoy jumping with these folks (for the most part....) none provided the chemistry, albeit, somewhat cautious (alright, downright freakin' paranoid ;) ) ambiounce (sp?) that you did. If I didn't make it clear at the boogie, let me now dispel any doubt, you will always have jump partners in Karen and I. I sincerely hope that you will again accompany us in reveling in the blue skies of Perris again next your at the same boogie. It would be our honor.
The rest of the week as mentioned, went quite well with a few minor interesting events. Strangely, they all seemed to happen to me ( what was that graceful comment you were speaking of.....). The first that comes to mind is the line-twist induced death-spiral that occured on a high altitude hop n' pop. Something like 10 to 15 high speed spirals and 2000 feet of altitude lose. That was fun....gotta love those high performance ellipitical canopies. Speaking of line twist. It must have been open season on those babies, because I had no fewer than three at the boogie. I can't recall the last time I had any serious line twist before the boogie. I certainly won't forget these last ones anytime soon though.
The next day I had another one that was so severe (forturnately it was flying straight and level) that by time I kicked out of it, I was absolutely out of breath. I'm talkin' wheezin' like an asmatic with the closest "puffer" 100 miles away at a "Rite-Aid" but it's 2:00 AM stuck in an out-of-gas car, kinda' out of breath.
O.k., this is draggin' on longer than I expected so I'll just quickly mention the hop n' pops at 4500' where the my d-bag danced on my heels like a poor imitation of Sammy Davis Jr. and the pilot chute that decided to take the scenic route between my legs. I never new I could back flip so quickly.....
So.....while a appreciate and can empathize your cautious attitude, I'm not so sure it's necessary. I mean what could possibly happen......
All jesting aside. Keep persevering, relax, and enjoy the ride. We'll see you next year if your willing to tolerate us again.

Feet up, heads down, blue skies,

===Landmissle=====>
Feet up, heads down, blue skies WWOD?

Landmissle

What a note to wake up to! Steve, that was soooo nice of you...I know, I'll go have another cuppa coffee and see if this stays...LOL!

Y'know, it was totally my honor to jump with the two of you and then Glen. I got to learn so much - so very much - from you about flying, and about smiling. How kewlio it was for me...cautious (O.K., paranoid) as I am. I was so concerned that you'd hate jumping with me, especially when I got lost. As for chemistry, I dunno about that, but it was without doubt some kinda fun. New friends, new exits, new funnels, new adventures. What more is there?

It was so much fun to meet you guys - and once I'm a hair more confident and have a fatter wallet (and my own gear), I think a road trip to your dz is in order...except I'm rather quite concerned about the shooting range you have to fly over. Talk about obstacles.... "INCOMING!!!" LOL!!!

Glad you two made it home safely, but I thought you were coming home today, and not yesterday. And the weather was glorious for this, wasn't it? Tickled to hear you had a good time jumping - how many jumps did you manage to get in over the week? And were you able to do the canopy stuff on Friday?

Thanks again for the great day! You two rock - and I'll take you up on jumping together again...and maybe sooner than a year!

Hugs to you both!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Hey, Michele!

We were going to stay Sat and come home Sun, but I was kinda "jumped" out (is that considered blasphemous to the Church of the Blue Skies? :D) Plus, with all the , umm, "full-contact RW" I did during the week, my body is seriously starting to look like one big purple & green bruise!

We did do the canopy course on Friday...good stuff! It's going to be a challenge for me to change my "sight pictures" as Jim Slaton calls it...for my flare timing, landing pattern, etc. The next 25 jumps or so are really going to be critical for me in changing my ways, but I'm going to really try to keep on the right track!

As for the firing range at our DZ, well...just don't call attention to yourself by wearing bright colors (words of wisdom from the gal with the neon green jumpsuit), and don't make any sudden movements under canopy (they consider it a challenge), and for god's sake, don't yell "pull"! :P

Blue skies,
Karen

We did do the canopy course on Friday...good stuff!

Isn't that class the best, the absolute best? I mean, he explains stuff and teaches it so well that you actually remember it - and more amazing, understand it - in the air. He (and the others) rawk, simply rawk.

Sorry to hear about the full contact stuff. Not that we didn't have any of that going on...LOL...but I can imagine after a week of jumping, it would be hard on the body (shoot, after one day I am sore and achy). I have found that aspirin and Jack Daniels is a great after-jump experience...in moderation, of course.

Hugs to you and Steve!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~