skydived19006

.725 316 Stainless Welded Ring

I own Eclipse tandem rigs with the third drogue release on the cut away handle. With this system, the small ring on the three ring release will get lost if all handles are pulled, or otherwise. The system was originally designed for a 3/4" ring, but was slightly prone to hang up since the geometry is poor with it floating on tubular line loop. At some point Shoobi found a .725 ring (I used a micrometer last evening to measure), and I thought that I still had a few but didn't find them. So, anyone have, or have an idea of how to obtain a few 316 SS, nickle plated, etc., welded rings with an OD of .725?

I did email Shobi as well, maybe he still has a few in his drawer of stuff.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Yeah, I think that the .750 (3/4") are what's typical. Have you seen this three cable release system? Actually, the ring I lost was due to poor rigging and a loop that was way to long, needs to be around 1" and must have been 1.5". The loop was broken and the ring gone, to which I responded "Better it broke than locked." The guy who I purchased this rig only had the one rig. He didn't have another to reverse engineer from when he lost the ring would be my guess. Not that I shouldn't have taken the initiative to change it.

Regardless all that, thanks for looking!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ