texnavalaviator

Best place to pick up an optimum 143

Whats the best place (price) to pick up an optimum 143? I'm active military if it helps. Thanks in advance.

I got mine from Mike G at Chutingstar. I don't remember if I did or didn't get any military discount (got it while I was still AD) but having his support behind it more than makes the deal worth it.

ETA: With that said, just about any gear store that sells PD gear will be able to get you one.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

A very good point! His question was about where, not whether he should buy one.

To the OP: Since price is going to be about the same across the board for the canopy, I'd go for good service.

For the record, I got mine at Chutingstar as well.

weird, i dont recall him asking about wingloading or safety advice.........

You guys are right, fuck him he's not worth the trouble.

Sparky

the only info that the person lists is 150 jumps and military experience

Would you not agree that if it's a 120lbs person, a OP143 would not be a terrible choice ?

carriage------- horse
<------------ direction of movement

Fuck him he's not worth the trouble.

This is very much the 'Dropzone' solution to all problems.

Your right, I try to give him some advice that might save him some pain and you and the other over night wonders jump is with so much bull shit.

You keep thinking Butch....[:/]

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sparky

Would you not agree that if it's a 120lbs person, a OP143 would not be a terrible choice ?

carriage------- horse

And what do you think the chances are he is less than 150 out the door? He said he was in the military, didn’t say anything about military experience in jumping.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Sparky

carriage------- horse

And what do you think the chances are he is less than 150 out the door? He said he was in the military, didn’t say anything about military experience in jumping.

Sparky

I have no idea what those chances are, but I have dealt with a number of dudes who were pretty lightweight.

What I was pointing out is that you are assuming that the person would be overloading the OP143 beyond what's safe for their skill level. And that may not be the case, yet you make an absolute statement as if know some facts that are not presented to us by the OP.

Notice how I am not answering your question ? it's because I have no idea, and I prefer not to make wild assumptions.

We've been feeding the troll.

Sparky

carriage------- horse

Sparky

I have no idea what those chances are, but I have dealt with a number of dudes who were pretty lightweight.

What I was pointing out is that you are assuming that the person would be overloading the OP143 beyond what's safe for their skill level. And that may not be the case, yet you make an absolute statement as if know some facts that are not presented to us by the OP.

Notice how I am not answering your question ? it's because I have no idea, and I prefer not to make wild assumptions.