roboj

New jumper

This has been probably posted many times. But i'm brand new, hi, and i'm looking for at gear. now i know most people say buy used gear which i'm good with but the problem i'm having is their so much. where do i start? can anyone send me a link or something to help me figure out what kind of gear would be good for a beginner

What does "brand new" mean? Have you made any jumps? Started or completed AFF? An "A" license holder? Do you have an instructor to talk to about canopy makes and sizes appropriate for your experience level? As someone new you'll definitely want to error on the side of docile and a light wing loading. But if you haven't completed AFF yet, you'll want to do so before deciding on anything.

^^^ what he said. Also, these forums are a great source of info. But answers in person are far more rewarding. Talk to the folks at your home DZ. New skydivers should ask hundred's of questions before make a decision on gear, particular jumps, etc.
Woot Woot!

This has been probably posted many times. But i'm brand new, hi, and i'm looking for at gear. now i know most people say buy used gear which i'm good with but the problem i'm having is their so much. where do i start? can anyone send me a link or something to help me figure out what kind of gear would be good for a beginner

Try introducing yourself here and let the learning begin.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=15;

i agree with what the others said, also check out http://www.chutingstar.com/expertadvice_en/buying-gear/41-best-fitvalue-for-1st-rig.html

that article has a pretty good general explanation so you can make some sense of what seems like a gigantic pile of choices right now. good luck!
"its just a normal day at the dropzone until its not"