Phil

Orlando - what are the hot spots

Okay - I'll be in Orlando for 10 days at Skyventure and will have some spare time from dusk till dawn.
I need suggestions for good food - good parties - good sound anything that I will be able to tell my wife and kids about;) unless my memory will fail me:)

Need input... there will be 4 boys and 2 girls, well most of the time anyway...

c u

Phil
how high can you fly with broken wings ...
life's a journey not a destination

Where the hot spots are depends on whether you're travelling with adults, children, or adults who act like children. I tend to fall into the latter category, especially when away from home. In that case, I'd suggest heading out to PI or IOA. Touristy, yes, but the recipe for a good time is there: nightclubs, strangers, and alcohol!

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

we are serious skydivers:) and act like skydivers, always facing the danger of death or worse...

so tell me wtf is PI or IOA is that the short version for Disney World?

It took me awhile to figure that out too, and I live here! PI would be Pleasure Island, a set of nightclubs on the Disney property. IOA would be Islands of Adventure, a theme park at Universal Studios.

Basically, there's Disney and all of their parks and clubs, Universal and their parks and clubs, many shopping areas where you Europeans would get a bargain with the way the exchange rate is these days, and the beaches. I always like to suggest to visitors that you take an airboat ride, and get the true flavor of FL away from the tourism industry. Gator hunting in an airboat is a lot of fun. There's a great rock climbing center that I love to go to also. Kennedy Space Center is a neat place to visit if you're into that kind of stuff. The manatees have come into the springs for the winter, and they're pretty cool to see too. That stuff should give you a good start.

Of course, the really hot place is always wherever I am, Phil! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

haha - right - 200 drunk japanese singing John Denver songs or Eagles Hotel California - yea we have them over here as well. Two beers and the singing gets started...

Thanks for the input

Phil

...not that it matters - mhm well gay-bars can be fun but are not my line of entertainment and not my crowd... so that covered the cowboy - where is the indian, the police officer and the construction worker? Do they have their own bars as well?

c u

Phil

Because of the large international community, you can find a pretty good range of food there. I saw more Brazilian restaurants in Orlando than there are in Houston, for instance.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)