B_Daugherty

Oxygn Headgear & Mask Replacement NEED HELP

I just ordered a replacement mask for my oxygn helmet and installed it but it seems to small for the helmet. Will no go up or down and they only offer 1 universal size. Need it this weekend and Para-Gear is never available when I am able to call them. Anyone ever have and problems with replacement maskes? Thanks, Brandon

I just ordered a replacement mask for my oxygn helmet and installed it but it seems to small for the helmet. Will no go up or down and they only offer 1 universal size. Need it this weekend and Para-Gear is never available when I am able to call them. Anyone ever have and problems with replacement maskes? Thanks, Brandon

There were the older OXYGNs and the newer OXYGNs... You probably have the older one which is slightly different and makes the 'new' visor fit improperly. I feel your pain. In the end, I just cranked the visor plates on the sides down and use it as a non opening helmet (like a factory diver).
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The face shields on my Oxygn were always a pain to deal with. The last one took two of us in the gear store 30 minutes to replace. The next week I ordered a Phantom, which I'm very happy with. The shields last MUCH longer, and you can change them in 15 seconds with no tools.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I use silicone plumber's grease to make them open and shut. It won't attack the plastic, won't attack parachutes, and makes them slide nicely. You have to re-apply with some regularity, and obviously don't leave a mess -- wipe up globs.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)