CrewKC87

Airing out a canopy after sitting for a couple years

I just bought a new icon rig that included a Pilot 168 main. The previous owner only jumped it about 35 times and had let it sit the past couple years. After taking the canopy out it was quite wrinkled from sitting so long. Makes for quite the difficult pack job, any advice on airing out a canopy like this after its been packed so long?

Heh, I just bought my own rig and, while Id received packing instruction before, Id never done it without help. Found a video to fill in the gaps so I could pack it before heading to the DZ. Needless to say, my first jump on it I dumped at 6k (planned and approved eith the DZO ans pilot, though) :P .
Weeeee!

It's happened.

The Rigger found out while he had the guy's rig in for an AIR.
He did as an immaculate professional reserve pack and inspection as he always did.
Took the rig back over to the guy and upon handing it to him and after receiving his cash; told him. "I know you're fucking my old lady."
Then, turned around and walked off.

How's that for a mind-fuck? :o

We never saw the skydiver again. Guess he thought the Riggger was too well known, respected and liked to come around anymore. What he never knew is the Rigger never blamed him as his old lady had done it before and that was just the capstone to their getting divorced.

Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It's happened.

The Rigger found out while he had the guy's rig in for an AIR.
He did as an immaculate professional reserve pack and inspection as he always did.
Took the rig back over to the guy and upon handing it to him and after receiving his cash; told him. "I know you're fucking my old lady."
Then, turned around and walked off.

How's that for a mind-fuck? :o

We never saw the skydiver again. Guess he thought the Riggger was too well known, respected and liked to come around anymore. What he never knew is the Rigger never blamed him as his old lady had done it before and that was just the capstone to their getting divorced.

BEAUTIFUL!!!! B|
Never compromise your integrity.
The only down side, and I don't pack for one jumper anymore for this same reason... if anything HAD happened, the rigger would be the #1 suspect. I'd never do less than my best, but a known animosity is not a good thing...

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...