theplummeter

Sunglass foam inserts

Has anyone here used these:

http://www.liquidpolarized.com/product_ng.html?prod_id=3

I wear contacts and jumped sunglasses for the first time a couple weeks ago. On my first jump I lost my right contact but I'm not sure I had the glasses fully seated before exit. Subsequent exits went without incident.

I'm wondering if anyone has put these on the liquids and if they worked well or are more trouble than they are worth.

I wear contacts and jumped sunglasses for the first time a couple weeks ago. On my first jump I lost my right contact but I'm not sure I had the glasses fully seated before exit. Subsequent exits went without incident.

I'm wondering if anyone has put these on the liquids and if they worked well or are more trouble than they are worth.

They work well enough, I ended up not using them because I found that if the wind is bothering my eyes, I can sort of squint and that seals my cheeks against the bottom of the glasses.

They are foam though, not sure how long they'll hold up but it should be similar to a pair of foam lined goggles.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have a pair with RX inserts, with something like -7 in each eye.

I think that they are superb, and the best solution I have found, and I've tried a few.

I got a foam insert, but I've never used it. I find I get a near perfect seal with the frames. You shape them to fit your head. Mine fit my face like a..... glove...:S

Have you considered the RX insert? I can say, without hesitation, that the field of view in the RX inserts is the best I've ever had in any pair of specs in 30 years of incipient blindness. The only minor drawback is that my eyelashes brush the lenses. It doesn't bother me, and bear in mind that I have thick inserts.

Yup, they work fine. I used them for a little while, but then switched to a full-face.

The RX inserts, though, didn't work for me. YMMV. They were really cool about taking them back and refunding my money, so it was worth a shot - it would have been awesome if they had worked well for me. Good folks.

T

I used the Rx Foam inserts but for the Gasket, no the player.

I originally got the x insert without the foam. The first day I jumped them the glasses seemed to vibrate no matter how close I had them to my face. A coach reccomeded that I remove the nose piece to get them closer to my face.

I ordered the Rx Foam Inserts but they took ~ a month to arrive bc the original shipment got lost in the mail. In the mean time I kept jumping the glasses but forgot to remove the nosepiece. Guess what? No vibration!

When they arrived I popped them in. They function just as well but they do fog up alot on the ride up. They even fog up sometimes when I leave an air conditioned car. The same glasses without the foam never fogged up.

As far as the performance in the sky they are great, but they were great without the foam so I may remove them.

I should also mention that these are the best glasses I have ever owned.

I may get the T-flex though b/c I think it would be easier than adjusting & tucking in the skycord so often.

I think that they are superb, and the best solution I have found, and I've tried a few.

I got a foam insert, but I've never used it. I find I get a near perfect seal with the frames. You shape them to fit your head. Mine fit my face like a..... glove...:S

Have you considered the RX insert? I can say, without hesitation, that the field of view in the RX inserts is the best I've ever had in any pair of specs in 30 years of incipient blindness. The only minor drawback is that my eyelashes brush the lenses. It doesn't bother me, and bear in mind that I have thick inserts.

Are the insets, standard lens polycarb, or high index?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Are the insets, standard lens polycarb, or high index?

Standard polycarbonate I think.