ShortBus

Competition Report

To make a long story short i did not place, Not because of a weld in the wrong spot or position, nothing wrong with my welds i was told by the judges they were the best there, which makes me somewhat happy...one of my prints was mis marked....as in someone tampered with it and my tig print wasnt put with the rest of my stuff because of it making the judges think i didnt finish, after the competition i found my print that someone had neatly threw away and i showed all my welds to the judges who were very impressed, just thought i would let ya know here is some of the welds i did *note all welds done verticle*

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

Tee(tig).jpg

Corner(mig).jpg

Tee&Lap(mig).jpg

Corner(tig).jpg

lap&Tee (gas).jpg

Well dude, congratulations, I know NOTHING about welding, but someone told me once that a GOOD weld should look like a 'ROW OF QUARTERS' and I see that in this picture.

Nice job.

I don't know anything about welding, but I've competed before, and I tell you, don't give a shit about those that cheat. You know your welds were the best, that's all that matters.

Congratulations.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

I'd hire ya in a second...if I had anything to be welded.

well wait...

I have a girlfriend that can't keep her mouth shut...
I'm afaid my fiance might find out about her...

any suggestions?;)

>>>
A good friend will bail you outta jail... A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!!!'

ummmm, I know a bit about welding I guess. I hold a Certified Welding Inspector certification with the American Welding Society. (does that count ;)) cert # 97080671 I also held Level II certification in Radiography. (AKA X-Ray technician)

All of this means that I have the ability to say "professionally", Looks great to me!!!:)

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

Hey, I guess you're the guy to ask, what would it cost me (I'm in canada) to have 2 sections Aluminum channel welded together? It's for a streetluge and would go something like this:
---___
Where the dashed part is a peice opening downwards, and the solid part is opening upwards? It's just gotta support the weight of a dude. No full-length seam welds needed.
I've been trying to get an idea. It'd be TIG, and how does it work, is it per inch? I know nothing.

What would it cost.....if i were to do it, i wouldnt charge you anything but the cost of shipping...Someone else might charge ya a little bit since T.I.G is kinda expensive i really dont know price guides..Just how to do it ;)

Nice work. I've played around with some welding, and came to the realization that it should be left to the proffesionals. :)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

stainless? vertical? what size pipe? #6 position or what? X-ray quality? did they bend test them? nice.... sucks about the print. I know someone got their eye-ring tampered with before a world meet freestyle round, their framing was off so they didn't get a good score, same deal, people should win with ability not underhanded cheating.

I read this, and was thinking...they use ring sights in welding? hehehehe If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at...

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

stainless? vertical? what size pipe? #6 position or what? X-ray quality? did they bend test them?

no,yes,none.#6 is with pipe so also none, no guide bend test no x-ray all visual.... the print was very easy just to set us up for regionals where vessles will be the print... those will be dye-penatranted...also states and regionals which will possibly some type of pressure vessel 1,000psi .... Stainless will be done at the skills USA VICA reginal competition along with oxyfuel cutting and possibley Flux Cord... ill keep everyone updated on my welding progress because there will always be someone better then me so i have to keep that mindset, going to college 4 nights a week along with highschool is tough....but damnit im gonna win nationals