r2hubert

How did you do your first jump?

How did you do your first jump, and why this choice?

I stated with AFF... I always wanted to jump by myself and I was sure I will love it. But I didn't new that as soon as I will land I wanted to do that the rest of my life B|

--
Renaud SMA #9
"Mind is like parachute. It only functions when it's open."

I did mine tandem (actually 3 of them). I did not even like it until I landed the first time. I went back for a second just to see if it was any better - went back for the third because I loved every minute of the second jump! I am starting AFF in March.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

I went with a friend who had already done 2 tandems but was taking some coworkers. The coworkers didn't wind up going but Tom and I did. We did our scheduled tandem and I was hooked. I did a second tandem that day, took the AFF class two days later, finished AFF in a month and have been jumping regularly ever since.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I did a Tandem and it's because I didn't know of any other way at the time...Heck I was almost half way done w/ AFP before I read about AFF:S and no DZ near me has static line I beleive.

Chris

--"Someday you will die and somehow somethings going to steal your carbon" -MM

Instructor Assisted Deployment ... modern version of S/L.

Wanted to be "in control". Standard FJC offered and publicized here. Didn't know what AFF was.

Kept going on IAD because canopy flight was sooo coool on its own and the tease of slowly increased FF time was, well, like ariel foreplay;)

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

AFF...a friend of mine rounded up six of us (we got a discount that way) for an AFF1 class. Of those 6, three of us stayed in long enough to get an A license. One of the three of us (the one who arranged that first class) has since dropped out & sold her gear.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I did my FJC with IAD style dispatch, then on to PFF, then back for more IAD's lol, then back to PFF.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

I jumped out of a plane. I landed. About 45 minutes late I jumped again. In the evening I bought a case of beer and put my CP necklace on. All is cool, just why do I wind up buying so many cases of beer?
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

did my first jump on March 17th...pretty friggin cold with no gloves. FJC is usually at 3500 ft. the DZO gave us 6500 for the same price. Only now do I realize how cool that is (well, I knew a while ago, but you get my drift...not at the time.)

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

They did a class for just the two of us on a Monday. Tom and I were neck and neck up until jump number 200 which we did together, but he has taken off with jumps since he bought 2 rigs so I am at 363 and he is over 500. >:( I just ordered a new Javelin Odyssey and Sabre2 though so soon I'll be able to keep up!

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

Static line up to h+p (which was the only jump I ever did with a rip cord) but then I moved and had to start at new dz. They had me do some ppct's on the IAD system so they new what I could do, and then I had another h+p, this time with leg-mount pc. Loved every one of them.:)

Truman Sparks for President

I intended to try a single tandem for the fun of it, but signed up for the static line FJC with a friend who couldn't afford a tandem (AFF wasn't available at the time). As soon as I got out on the step I knew I was hooked. Made two jumps the first day and was off the static line after 7 total.

Bob

Who in the world said they did a BASE jump as their first jump? :S:|

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

ariel foreplay

Do you have a Little Mermaid fetish Dave?

I personally have to go with Jessica Rabbit by far, but hey, different strokes as they say...;)

S.E.X. party #1

My first was in Army Jump School. It was static line out of a c-141 jet. Scared shitless is what I wrote in my log book, but actually it was great once I was out the door. What a beautiful sight with green chutes coming down everywhere! Then I hit the ground and sprained my ankle. Steve1