IronMike

Anti Americanism in Europe

I peek at Twin Peaks, but am not picqued by your misspelling, quite the reverse, I am inspired..

Hooters!
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

What have you in your personal capacity "given" the rest of the world that we should be so grateful for?

What if I came up to you, a perfect stranger, and loudly said in front of everyone that you owed me $1000? You would be offended and shocked at the absurdity of it. I feel the same about slave reparations.

And, if you call me prejudiced or racist for that viewpoint, is it not prejudiced or racist for people in Europe to be 'Anti-American' because some, not all, people in this country favor war?

You don't know me and you do knot know what I have 'given' the world. My life philosiphy is, "If you are not helping, you are hurting". I have had a job since school and I measurably contribute to society. I feel I morally contribute to society by not staying with the herd and taking non-popular stances that I think are correct. I have never hurt anyone and I have given more than I have taken.

Mike, I look at it this way. Let them say what they are going to say,it's not going to change a dam thing, And that this point who cares what other people think,It's like trying to explain to wuffos why we skydive,they don't live here so they have no clue. Just a thought. B|

Even though I personally agree that Hussain needs to be removed by force, don't play the self-righteous "this is for the rest of the world crap", America is in this for America, because it is America's interests, (or possibly the interests of an incumbent president hoping for re-election), it's got nothing to do with anyone else, the "it's my way or the highway" treatment of Germany and France is evidence of this.

Well, to be honest I don't know squat about the conflict with the IRA. If they were sending money to do that then I would certainly disagree with it. I'm not your enemy and don't want that sort of support coming from this country. OK?

I think you feel we are doing the "it's my way or the highway" because we are blood thirsty. We're sick of blood too. But a wise man said that those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Do we want a wider conflict later? Appeasing this jurk with endless and hollow motions by the UN is just like Hitler. Enough is enough.

Glad you agree that Hussein should go. Sorry you disagree with how we are going about it. But I do think the Europeans are influincing Bush's actions whether they believe it or not. I personally thought we'd be at war with Iraq before Christmas. We are not and I think that is directly attributable to the protests of the world. You just might get the "extra time" you want for more inspections. But for how long? That's the problem here I think. There's no deadline. The U.S. is trying to set a deadline so we can be done with this matter rather than letting it go on and on. We hope to pull out our military down the line rather than having "peace keeping troops" on the Saudi and Kuwaiti border with Iraq.

Personally I'd like to see US troops pulled out of Germany too down the road. We've been there long enough. And Italy, and Japan, and Korea, etc....Then maybe we could pay attention to Africa and help out. Then again, they may not want our help. Oh well, my intention was to try and calm this thread a bit with some tempered American opinion. I guess I'm still an "ugly American" in the eyes of many.

Mike.. I'm sure you are special in your own ways.. I am sure you are due recognition as are the rest of us in one way or another..

Relax.. Lighten up... All this shit will do is get you booted off of dz.com.. Trust me.. ;)

Rhino, Rhino1, Rhino2, CanopyNazzi, Rhino3, Segador LOL

me smellum lock on thread!

My, what a keen sense of smell you have, Richard.

One word posts of different names for boobies aren't really helping matters either.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

And, if you call me prejudiced or racist for that viewpoint, is it not prejudiced or racist for people in Europe to be 'Anti-American' because some, not all, people in this country favor war?

War is necessary sometimes, and it may be so in this case. I strongly admire the way Colin Powell has handled the situation so far.

What I took exception to, was your "other people suck in groups" attitude, which came through in several of your posts.

I have never hurt anyone and I have given more than I have taken.

Words to live by.

--
ZZZzzzz....