frankyblue

Phantom X fogging

I am having issues with my phantom X fogging. I am at the point were i am just going to jump without the mask, but i wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions.

Does anyone drill holes in their face mask to let some air in?

Thanks
I never pull out... unless its a pilot chute, in that case yes I do pull.

When I bought mine it came with a wipe that had some anti-fogging stuff on it. Maybe you can track down some more of that?

I'm sure they have anti-fog stuff for snowboard goggles and maybe motorcycle helmets. Perhaps that would work?

Somes much more reasonable than taking the visor off.
Apex BASE

If you're already doing the following, disregard.

Assuming you're wearing the helmet for takeoff, once you're above 1,000 feet, take the helmet off until you're getting ready to jump. Keep the visor open until the last practical moment before exit.

I find doing those two things significantly reduces any fogging I might have with my full-face helmets. It seems like if I do have fogging light and it's at the end of the skydive, and since I open my visor under canopy, it's not a huge deal to me.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've borrowed two. The XL I 'thought' fit just fine. but it fogged like crazy - even after exit I did one four way pretty much blind the whole dive. It went well. - I did everything NWFlyer recommended - still no good.

I borrowed a L from a friend and found that it fit near my mouth and nose much snugger and allowed me to just breath through my mouth.

They actually seem to be sized pretty small. AND, they have a lengthy break in period. A new L is very tight and not comfy at all for me. But once broken in, it fits me very well. Something to think about or see if others have discovered the same.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

i jump a cookie gas1 and you cant open the visor, and i hate waiting until its go-time to put on the helmet, so i just got some rainx antifog wipes, one wipe on the inside of the lense is all you need, it usually lasts close to a month
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121