AggieDave

The coolest boogie EVER!!!

Holy GOD! I pumped about this! My DZ (SD Aggieland) is moving the DZ to S. Padre Island for spring break for a HUGE boogie.

This will be the best spring break I've ever had, I can't wait! I was going to go to Mardi Gras boogie, BUT I just can't pass this up!

I posted about it in Events, but I just had to jaw about it, I'm too freak'n pumped!B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Since I have to work for a living, I think coming the second weekend would be best, that way I wont be tempted to stay the whole week.
Maybe I can fly in to Harligen...hmmmmmmm, great place to owe beer for my first boogie to attend.

Now I must get my B license by then so I can do beach jumps.

Holy crap! I was just talking about going there to an old college friend today!! He's gonna be down there march 8 - 12th. When is your dz planning on being there? Are they doing beach jumps onto padre island or what? Last time I was @ Padre I tried to make a skydive with the skydive south padre getup there.. it was NUTS the guy running the thing had me go pick up his students!! I didn't even get to jump due to winds.

I thought S. Padre already had a DZ. ??

Back in the day, I spent many Spring Breaks down there surfing my butt off.

By chance, If you see an old hippy looking dude selling hand made boomerangs - hang out and listen to him. He is one in a million. If he is still alive, his name is Billy Boomerang. He is full of history, trivia and bull shyt. Very intertaining.

~AirAnn~

I am there. Probably the first weekend, maybe both. There should be spectators everywhere, beach landings, etc, etc. It will be hard to even do a jump without staring at the coast (I have never jumped in a non-landlocked DZ:)

--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

We'll be there march 8-16th. Beach jumps, damn straight.

There is a DZ down there, but the DZO is getting out of the business, so he invited us to come down and play/run our DZ for the week, so he can have fun.

So, my DZ is picking up and moving for a week, quite a few people are coming with us, and we're going to have a BLAST!

We'll be there march 8-16th. Beach jumps, damn straight.

There is a DZ down there, but the DZO is getting out of the business, so he invited us to come down and play/run our DZ for the week, so he can have fun.

So, my DZ is picking up and moving for a week, quite a few people are coming with us, and we're going to have a BLAST!

Damn! I'm so tempted to do a trip from MS to TX then back to VA. Are they gonna provide shuttle from beach to airport? or are the beach jumps just kinda a once a day thing and the rest are at the airport? Your dz could probably make this a yearly thing, all the spring breakers wanting to make a tandem.. there were some honnneys down there, just check out my spring break photo gallery here! (beware, contains boobies)

All of those details are being worked out right now, I'll have them all for you in a little while.

We're working on having an unused road shut down on the island, and flying out of there (instead of on the mainland), so the shuttle ride would be a lot shorter (and you wouldn't have to cross that very busy bridge back onto the mainland).

All of those details are being worked out right now, I'll have them all for you in a little while.

We're working on having an unused road shut down on the island, and flying out of there (instead of on the mainland), so the shuttle ride would be a lot shorter (and you wouldn't have to cross that very busy bridge back onto the mainland).

Humm.. hey diverdriver, what are the chances of THAT happening?

That would depend on your definition of major. Corpus Christi has an airport that Southwest Airlines at least (and probably others) flies in and out of; it's really close. Houston is the closest one that wouldn't be classified as mostly a regional airport. San Antonio is closer, but it's not usually a hub.

Go for Corpus.

Wendy
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

As of right now, it looks like we'll have a camp ground very close to the DZ available to us. Especially since hotel rooms have been assorbed by college kids.

We're working these details out as we speak and should have it squared by next week.

Cool, with fuel prices the way they are, i would rather drive there than to drive to moss pt. make sure you keep us updated. A couple of redneck skydivers on Padre is always a good thing!!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

When and while new info comes out, I'll post it under the thread I started about it in Events.

Yup, Texans tear'n it up in Padre is always a great thing! Never mind that Pat Green plays a concert there every year...

What is the closest major airport to fly into?

Harligen, Southwest flies into there, $96 round trip from Houston.

If anyone wants to try and organize a carpool from Houston leaving on a Friday night and returning to Houston on Sunday night, I'm interested, either weekend.

Never mind that Pat Green plays a concert there every year...

Let's hope he don't meet that guy from last year on the beach again. Hey, maybe Cory M. will be there, he did a tandem at ssm before.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.