novacaine

What has happened to DZ.com??

Amen to that!!! I haven't been out skydiving since October. Winter in Canada sucks!...but on the otherside of things scuba diving under ice is what gets me through until skydiving starts up in May:)

-eh? where's your toque -eh? you got a igloo like them eskimo's -eh??? Vancouver is very mild- come on out and jump our porter -eh? You won't have to wait till May -eh?
Don't forget your toque and beers-eh?

Smiles;)

Well lets take a look around.
It's winter and the weather sucks for many of us.:(
War is possible in Iraq:(
War is possible in N Korea:(
Osama Bin Laden is ecouraging his followers to attack us.:( Again:(
Many of our friends and fellow skydivers are in a very sandy place and it's not a beach resort:(
The crew of STS 107 didn't make it home safely :(:(
Did I mention the weather?

Just looks to me like alot of things aren't going so great and many have a short temper as a result. I think if everyone steps away from the keyboard and gets a few jumps in things will improve:)

Jesus Christ Opie, your post is so damn true and depressing. I have been in a funk lately, and not really sure on what to attribute it to.

I feel that you have opened my eyes a tad to my inner struggles. Its not like I have had my head in the sand, but when you put it all RIGHT THERE, and then couple it all with the fact that I havent jumped since Eloy, I think that you are on to something.

I really wish people that enjoyed politics so much, *cough*BV*cough* and others alike, could find a forum that was designed on such matters. As for me, I gotta tell ya truely, I am fucking sick and tired of all the country bashing, especially on the US. Like Novacaine said, I like to come here to talk about my passion, not everything else that sucks hind tit in this world.

I could personally give a flying fuck about *your* political opinion (no one in particular at all). As I dont shove mine in your face. My attitude at the world sucks as it is right now and I dont need some self serving anti-"whatever the flavor of the week" piece of shit spewing their opinion in my face on a SKYDIVING website.

Yeah, its talkback and anything goes, but for the love of velcro and sheep fur! Lets let the bond of skydiving keep us together while all the rest of the world childly points fingers at each other.

Damn, I'm rambling. As I have said before, and I'll say it again. "Skydiving and politics dont mix......jump ya silly fuck!"

It's the weather. It's gotta be. All these skydivers unable to skydive, so what do they do? They turn on each other.

They also bitch about the wffc video...

Well, not all of us. I've been a bit testy lately about many things, but one of them is NOT the DVD.

You lookin' at me? I suggest you not be lookin' at me!

:P
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Great thread Opie.

"What has happened to DZ.com??"

Over 12,000 registered users 'happened' to Dropzone.com.

I'm not entirely sure (I have a fair idea of his vision though) what Sangiro had in mind when he set this site up. I'm guessing it was to provide a forum where people from around the globe could join an online community of like minded souls, bound by a common love of skydiving. Perhaps a place where people with very few jumps could converse with world champions, or people who have little technical knowledge could discuss issues with equipment designers and innovators. Maybe this place was set up to exchange hints and tips, provide real time news of events, or incidents, or even as a means for far flung friends to remain in contact with each other.
Whatever HH's vision of this site was, I'm pretty sure it wasn't to give us an arena to sling mud and shout at each other.

Skydiving unites us here, regardless of where you are, where your from or where you are going.

Its inevitable that world events will be discussed, after all they affect us all. I just wish we (and I include myself) could sometimes be a little more civil, better informed, and even sensitive to each other's viewpoints/backgrounds.

Oh, another thing...Boobies!B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Well lets take a look around.
It's winter and the weather sucks for many of us.:(
War is possible in Iraq:(
War is possible in N Korea:(
Osama Bin Laden is ecouraging his followers to attack us.:( Again:(
Many of our friends and fellow skydivers are in a very sandy place and it's not a beach resort:(
The crew of STS 107 didn't make it home safely :(:(
Did I mention the weather?

Just looks to me like alot of things aren't going so great and many have a short temper as a result. I think if everyone steps away from the keyboard and gets a few jumps in things will improve:)

Exactly!!!.. not to mention the stock market decline...
If the Dow Jones,,, refered to Altitude,,,we would all be limited to hop and pops.>:([:/]
...As for our IRA's... screw it.... my contribution for 2002 is going towards lift tickets....I am tired of watching it melt away...
When and IF....I CAN retire,, it looks like I will be living......
"In a van,, down by the river"!!!!:o:(.......
which is just fine by me,,, as long as the river is nearby to a drop zone.............;)

Ok...on a serious note. I said it in Billvon's thread and I'll say it here too...
The whole world has gone into depression, as we wait numbly for war to raise it's ugly head.
It's heart wrenching to think of all the events that's happened on this planet in the past year. Like what my signature says,
You know you're born, and you know that someday you'll die. But in the meantime, GODDAM! dont let this world get us down.
Live to the fullest. Sit and watch the wonders the world offers us, instead of the problems that human kind has invented. Watch the sunset and the clouds go by every once in a while.
I wonder why everyone is in such a hurry these days. Hell. I am one of them. But I sit and think sometimes, what the hell for??? every moment is as precious as the last.
We all want to save the world. We all want to make our mark in the world, to be noticed and to be loved dearly.
So why stab at one another??????? Deep down, we are all the same. We all have feelings, flesh, bones, and hormones!;)

Don't bother me, I'm living happily ever after

The best way to keep this place as it was is to NOT reply to those who post threads that are offensives. If they are looking for sadness and troubles they wont have anybody to help them in that way and talking alone is useless. Skydivers are not like that.

I jump, I live, I love. Ourson #1 Ordre des Ours Polaires Volants

LOL.

I rarely come around anymore. But true, its changed a lot. Its a popular website where popular topics of the day are discussed and opinions always vary.

Although way back, it was unheard of to have a person banned. (Sangrio gave every benefit of the doubt) Now, I see its been done. There are/were people in situations who should have been banned and are/were not. No matter what they did. This is a good change, in my opinion. People who abuse the Sangrio System should be banned, post haste.

<<>> rofl

~AirAnn~

I remeber in the old days it was kinda nice to meet strange people in far off places that I'd only ever spoken to on the net.......B|

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I love meeting strange people, Nacmac, it makes me realize how normal I am. You're next on my list of strange people I want to meet. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I remeber in the old days it was kinda nice to meet strange people in far off places that I'd only ever spoken to on the net.......

Does that mean you don't wanna meet strange people anymore? I'm heartbroken.:( [crying smiley face]

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

There are/were people in situations who should have been banned and are/were not. No matter what they did. This is a good change, in my opinion. People who abuse the Sangrio System should be banned, post haste.

I agree. And Sangiro was right to make the decision to ban post abusers.
Just like the law and the people who break it. They need to be made aware that what they are doing is wrong.
This is such a great site, I love it! Not only for it's awesome forums, but for the layout of it. Everything you need to know about skydiving is here!
The only thing I don't like about this site is that, not many Aussie's post here. I'm just a 'bubba' skydiver with 7 jumps and I'd love to meet fellow Aussie jumpers, so when I eventually get the chance to go to boogies, I know someone else there!!!;)
But obviously, this isn't Sangiro's fault! It's just silly me for visiting a American majority site!:P:P

That you're just stepping out to buy some milk!

Seriously, when my parents went on a tour of Holland, there was a guy on their coach/bus that used that excuse to his wife and went on the trip with his mates....lol funny shit.