m104182

Containers?

Your best bet is probably to get used gear; just about anything from the last 12-13 years will work quite well. That way you won't cry if you scuff your rig on a bad landing (happens), and if you discover that you really wanted a different type of main parachute, well, it won't cost you nearly as much to change.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Do you like Fords, Dodges, Chevys, or perhaps you want a Beemer? Everyone will have a different opinion here. I lean towards Vectors and Talons, followed by Javelins and Icons, then Wings and Mirages. They are all awesome, and I'm sure I forgot some. No wonder you are confused! We have so many great containers to choose from. You need to look around and talk to people and then do what most new jumpers do. Buy whatever the the local rigger or dealer is selling!

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Most containers built during the last decade will serve you fine: free-fly-friendly, stainless steel hardware, Cypres ready, BOC, hip rings, mini-risers, RSL, magnets, and all the other fancy options. ...

Forget about resale value as parachute equipment loses 30% of its value after the first jump. The only way to recoup your investment is to start with second-hand gear. If you don't scuff it too badly, you should be able to re-sell it for almost the same price a couple of years later.