assert1016

anyone know a lot about AADS?

There are a few different makes and models, check here in the 'gear' section for information on the different manufacturers and model types.

Mainly, Cypres and Cypres II, the most popular models, have a useful life of 12-years, after which they must be retired, but can be exchanged for credit against the purchase of a brand new unit. They must be serviced after 4, and 8 years. I don't own one, so I can't comment on the cost or time for these inspections.

There is also the Vigil and Vigil II, both of which do not have service intervals, can be set into different modes, between, Student, Tandem, and Pro. The Vigil batteries have a useful life of 10 years, and Vigil has a life expectancy of 20 years.

Look here: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safety/detail_page.cgi?ID=753

For more information on the other models. Good luck!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

CYPRES 1 units are good for 12 years 3 months from their DOM. CYPRES 2 units are good for 12 years 6 months from their DOM
Both of these need to go back to the factory at their 4 and 8 year marks to be worked on and re-certified. These checks are mandatory. The checks are around $180 and include a new battery on CYPRES 2 units

Vigil 1 and 2 units are good for 20 years and do not need to be re certified. They do need a new battery installed when ever the unit reports it has a low battery. Batteries are around $100.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I am looking into buying an AAD but I was wondering how long they are good for? Also when they do go out of date what needs to be done to get them to the point where they can be used agian?

Chutingstar has a lot of very informative articles about gear.

Even about AADs (I'd ignore the part about the Argus myself)

http://www.chutingstar.com/expertadvice_en/buying-gear/18-aads-which-one-to-buy.html
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

People will be curious how you came to be using the M2 because it has been very quiet here in N. America about the M2 after the initial publicity.

I have missed hearing any announcements by manfacturers saying that they approve that AAD in their rig, nor does Alti-2, the N. American distributor, even list the M2 on their web site. Mars itself has a broken link to any English manual, and lists no manufacturer approvals on its English language site. Czech, Polish, and Russian manuals are available. So things are pretty low key.

I got it 2nd hand from a friend who changed his container for a downsize. This happened in Europe at the Vector Festival.

Anyway MARS people are chill so don't be shy and drop an email and I'm sure they can give you all the details you're searching for. I've chat a bit with Kovarik Pavel a sale manager from MARS and here's his email [email protected]

I've tried to attach the manual from the CD but there's a 300 kb limit.

Take it light,
Jean-Arthur Deda.
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!