Vallerina

Weekend numbers!

Phreezone and Jessica are not allowed to post to this thread since I had to hear their debates of whether or not to wear shorts while jumping this past weekend >:(

My numbers:
The Corvette I want is only $652,000:0:0

A darned good weekend! :)
Less than two weeks till I get to start tormenting people when I'm jumping in warm weather! Oh, and could someone out there do me a favor and make sure that Jessica and Phreezone are up? I'm not sure if the wake up call did the trick!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

1 peg left in the genius test game (I'm a genius!):1:0

Pretty nice VDay, my cooking didn't make either parties involved sick. Slept in, drove up to Sebastian on Saturday afternoon, did a jump IN TEVAS AND SHORTS, got al ittle windy and was gettign late so called it a day, nice irish pub and lots of beverages sat night. Did I mention I ROCK at Golden Tee Golf? :)

1 (Swiss team that spoiled me):6:0

I played hookey from work on Friday so I could jump with dz.commer, Phil, before he left town. I got 3 fun jumps in with him, and 3 more on Saturday. I wore shorts and a t-shirt the whole weekend too. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

0:1:4

attempted my 15sec delay, again. Can you say spin?:S But owe beer. First jump on a 230, first time I've seen someone in freefall (The JM followed me out the door, and I saw him for a couple seconds as I turned past him), and I borrowed a helmet (couldn't find a club one to fit) and it had a dytter, so first time I've had a dytter beeping in my ear at pull time. For the record, I went for my pull before it started beeping.
And fourthly, first time I reached terminal (however briefly)!B| (Last attempt I pulled early, this time I finished the count).

Kerry

272:4:0

272 - Total miles raced during the rain-shortened Daytona 500 to which I went on Sunday. Originally paid $.19/mile for the ticket. Due to the rain shortened status, I ended up paying almost $.35/mile. Will remember that next year when it is on TV. And no, I do not want to talk about how many jump tickets that is, thank you, but I did go in tee-shirt and shorts.:P
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Phreezone and Jessica are not allowed to post to this thread since I had to hear their debates of whether or not to wear shorts while jumping this past weekend >:(

They didn't wear shorts, that's for sure.

1(it was Valentines day after all):2:0

Got in a fun 3way with Jessica, Phree was playing on his head at the time. It was cold and WINDY here so not too much jumping.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Cheers to Heather and Anthony (AFF1) for hanging out with a bunch of stupid drunk skydivers and having Margartias with us!

Hey I was one of those drunk skydivers. :o:S:P:$

Anyway ... 0:6:0

Not a bad weekend of jumping considering I couldn't jump on Saturday due to the weather. So getting in six jumps in on Sunday was awesome. I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's a good thing I don't have today off of work as the wind is howling this morning. You know you're a skydiver when you plan your days off around the days you can actually jump. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

1 CyPReS that failed power on test (batteries put in one year ago Wed. Oh, well!):2:0

Had plenty of beer Saturday night as jumpers were busting the beer line left and right. Some even got to buy two cases on one jump when they busted the line on tandems! Fun time had by all.

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

1 (coach course attended):0:0

So far the coach's course is doing well, I've got the ground stuff out of the way (and passed with flying colors), now the *fun* stuff, the jumps, are this week. Wish me luck.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

8 more coaching jumps with the Flyboyz:19:0

Went to Perris Thursday night and had a blast all weekend - short weather hold on Sunday when the clouds rolled in but that only lasted 1/2 hour. It was s great weekend of quality 2 and 3-ways, some zoo dives and a couple of sweet hybrids...
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

Don't forget my weather report, Val!;)

900:2:1

900 miles driven to Skydive San Marcos to hang with Phreezone & Jess

2 awesome jumps

1 case for a new DZ (but they already had beerB|)

I met up with Jess & Phree at SSM on Saturday morning and yes, I was wearing shorts under my jumpsuit for the first dive. The runway was wet so we had to shuttle in trucks to an airport 20 mins away to load up. To say that two truckloads of skydivers get odd looks while barrelling down back TX roads is an understatement.

SSM is a great DZ with nice facilities and even nicer people. They really made me feel at home just a few minutes after showing up.

First dive was a launched HD that broke to sits with Phree. Got a nice dock on his foot. The King Air bit me on exit & took a chunk out of my palm. What impressed me though, was the fact that when SSM staff heard about it they immediately asked for details so they could make sure it didn't happen again.

Second dive was to be a 5-way hybrid with me & Phree as hangers. I would have been there, really, if it wasn't for the fact that I got my rig stuck in the door of the plane. There I was, hands out ready for a Superman-class swoop and I'm stuck in the plane.:$ I finally get out and there's no way I'm getting there in time so I hang off to the side & watch. Phree decides to go ahead and hang on an un-even formation for the hell of it. and the results are, ahem, spectacular. I've never seen bodies flung like that before. I must get a copy of that video!

Sunday was a little too windy for me and I felt a bit odd. Found out after I was almost all the way home what that was after I became completely congested instead of partially so at least I got to keep my eardrums.B|

If you're ever in the area, check out SSM!

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

0:2:tons

Whoa!! Cora! You got some jumps in! ;) Congrats, and why tons of beer?

Anyway, for me, 1:2:0 -- one ride down in the plane because of cloud cover in the late afternoon and two jumps. :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hey, Max!

Yep! I got 2 jumps in. HAPPY DANCE!!! YIPPEE!!! It felt so good to be back in the air, again. :)
Well...tons of beer are due to:

- First time in Texas
- First time at Spaceland
- First time jumping with Flyboyshell
- First time meeting Pablito, Flyboyshell, JumperConway, Rebecca, Cory, Steve, Gemini, and others (see thread titled Texas and Texans)
- First time in Houston
- First time in Austin

I think I covered all the firsts. LOL

Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.