Rookie120

Slammer on a Velo 103

Make a long story short. I bought a Velo 103 a couple months ago and been jumpin the hell out of it. It had a brand new line set on it when I bought it.The openings have been typical Velo openings. Some straight on heading and some where it hunts for where it wants to go but all had been pretty soft and smooth.

Yesterday I was doing hop n pops out of cessna all day with no problems and on jump #8 after a 5 sec delay from 4k the things clobbered me. Instant opening BOOM! Knocked the hell out of me. Got on the ground replaced all the rubber bands since it felt like of I thought maybe I had line dump and double wrapped all of the stows. Went up again and the line stretch was longer so I took care of the line dump but it still nailed me on opening. Anybody else ever have a Velo pop them on opening? The few people I asked all said no so just wondering if anybody has what did they do to stop it. ANy help here would be great.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Oh no not at all. No worries. It was when I pack it and laid it down. I would think it would still be once it went in the bag. I never got a chance to see it once I pitched. It was an instant slammer. On the second hard opening I did see the slider all the way up but it instantly came down when it inflated instantly.

Oh no not at all. No worries. It was when I pack it and laid it down. I would think it would still be once it went in the bag. I never got a chance to see it once I pitched. It was an instant slammer. On the second hard opening I did see the slider all the way up but it instantly came down when it inflated instantly.

Mine used to do this every now and then. Most of the time it opened great, here and there it didn't. I think part of it is sloppy slider placement for sure. The problem has basically gone away now since I had it relined (and had snaps added to the slider).
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Does that have to be sent back to PD for that or can a rigger add those?

The only thing I can think is I got sloppy and let the slider slip out of position. I'm still 10 days later nursing a sore lower back from this. Advil and a heating pad have been my friend.