NATiON

Scammer on Classifieds

HI Guys, I didnt know where else to post this, and i reported him as a scammer but nothings been done. i just dont wanna see anyone get ripped off..

ID: 131915 | Michael Weber (atthew)

Check this guy out and his other ads. they all have different names/locations. looks like he has changed his id or name a couple of times??

he even posts that he wants to buy gear and only wants it rigger inspected. But when i asked him to do the same he refused.
I asked him where his home DZ was and for references and he did not reply..

heres a copy and paste of the emails.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
No Paypal and no rigger third party. Its a bunch of stress.

I will accept half now half later after you inspect the rig.

How about that?

-----Original Message-----
To: Michael Weber
Sent: Tue, Aug 28, 2012 12:42 am
Subject: Re: Wings W14, Sabre2 190, PD Reserve

Hey Michael,
He is very interested, we can sort this out.

Firstly. He would like to use PayPal. He can pay the transaction fees so it won't cost you anything. It's just a very safe way to send money for both parties involved.

He would also like some info and to get a rigger involved if possible. As you can understand its a $3000 deal so he just needs some assurance that everything is legit.

What's your home DZ?
Can we get your rigger to "middle man" this deal?

Please let me know and let's get this deal rolling.

Cheers
James

On 2012-08-27, at 5:08 PM, "Michael Weber" wrote:

Hi James,

Ok I will let your buddy have it.$3000
Shipping to Canada will cost you additional $49
Making $3049

I will accept payment via Moneygram money transfer to the name of my wife: Joann K. Salter

first name: JOANN
middle name: K
Surname: SALTER

Adress: 4033 Silver Lake Terrace, St Anthony, MN 55421

Send the Moneygram and also email me the Moneygram Transfer Confirmation slip.

Things go fast here and I have a couple of people seriously interested,
But I decided to let you have it because my mum is Canadian.

I advise you do it immediately and let me know.

I will give you till the end of tomorrow Tuesday.

Cheers,

Michael Weber

also if you do a goole search for the address of his "wife" you will see..

Jerry Faust - 4-Year Term Ends 1/1/16
4033 Silver Lake Terrace
St. Anthony, MN 55421
Phone: 612-789-7684
E-mail: [email protected]

here is the webpage for this address...
http://www.ci.saint-anthony.mn.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC=%7B611B5E0D-90CD-497C-9371-286566DD6E20%7D

there is no doubt that this guy "Michael Weber" is a scammer..

I've been dealing with this guy as well. Same rig. First he said bank transfer only, so I said Paypal only. He agreed then changed his mind, wanted moneygram. I said no way forget it.
Then he said he would take paypal. My customer phoned paypal and explained the deal and they said they would cover the fraud risk, so we sent the payment. He then said thanks, he will ship when he "confirms payment", maybe a few days.

So I messaged him that he had 24 hours only to ship and send me tracking info, or I would begin a paypal dispute. He now says he will do that. I guess we'll see. If he is a scammer, he's not very smooth. Now I'm wondering if he is still trying to sell this rig. It should no longer be available. If he is still marketing it please PM me ASAP.

Thanks
Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

Ok I just got this from the guy on the same rig that was already sold to Gowlerk

No Paypal.

Send the payment via Moneygram money transfer to the name of my wife: Joann K. Salter

first name: JOANN
middle name: K
Surname: SALTER

Address: 4033 Silver Lake Terrace, St Anthony, MN 55421

Send the Moneygram and also email me the Moneygram Transfer Confirmation slip.

Yes I can ship via ups, send your shipping address.
NB: DO NOT TRY TO SEND THE MONEYGRAM ONLINE. YOU MUST GO TO WAL MART OR ANY OTHER MONEYGRAM OUTLET IN PERSON WITH THE CASH TO SEND IT.

Expecting your email with the Moneygram Transfer Confirmation slip.

Cheers,

Michael

An update here. I found out that he was still trying to sell the same rig he sold me. I contacted PayPal, and they have issued me a refund. Sure am glad I didn't send a Moneygram like he wanted.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I bet Joann K. Salter is being scammed too. She probably accepts the money & most of it to the scammer & keeps a small amount for herself. Then when the stuff hits the fan, she will get in trouble & be responsible.

You can try to get a phone # for her & contact her.

The email address I sent the payment to checks out as belonging to a woman who is an accountant in Montreal. Possibly the mother he was referring to. She did not reply to a message I sent her.

Ken

dissapointing to see that even after 2 attempts to report this guy as a scammer, the ads are still up..

someone is dropping the ball on this one. i hope nobody else gets ripped off..

It is now listed as a scam. I don’t think anyone dropped the ball….it was less than 24 hours. :S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals