jimmurt

Removing an AAD

You could do it yourself , but why bother , you will need a rigger to repack it anyway.

Does your rigger charge for this service? He (or she) should. Removing a Vigil or Cypres is something you can do for yourself, and you are asking someone else to do it for you.

Mark

You could do it yourself , but why bother , you will need a rigger to repack it anyway.

Does your rigger charge for this service? He (or she) should. Removing a Vigil or Cypres is something you can do for yourself, and you are asking someone else to do it for you.

Mark

Yeah, but what about packing the reserver after?

Mark

Yeah, but what about packing the reserver after?

That's not what the person asked about. It's quite possible they don't want to repack the rig until the AAD comes back from its service.

I've taken my own AAD out to wash my rig. It's really not that difficult, just be careful about it and pull carefully on wires - they'll come out easily so long as you pull in the right direction.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

First, remove the main canopy. With a sharp surgical knife or similar cutting knife, make an incision through the main to reserve wall at the non-cable end of the Vigil, carefully entering the AAD pouch. Extract the body of the Vigil through the cut. Follow the Vigil manual to open the case and disconnect the control unit and cutter cables. Tuck cables back inside the pouch, optionally sear the fabric ends to prevent ravelling, and carefully hand tack the incision shut, finishing with a surgeon's knot plus an extra overhand knot.

No repack required and the seal remains intact!

Some stuffy old riggers probably disagree but this laparascopic style rigging is the new way to do things.

[This advice is worth what you paid for it and you waive all liability if following my advice.]

I'd better add a lot of smileys. :)

First, remove the main canopy. With a sharp surgical knife or similar cutting knife, make an incision through the main to reserve wall at the non-cable end of the Vigil, carefully entering the AAD pouch. Extract the body of the Vigil through the cut. Follow the Vigil manual to open the case and disconnect the control unit and cutter cables. Tuck cables back inside the pouch, optionally sear the fabric ends to prevent ravelling, and carefully hand tack the incision shut, finishing with a surgeon's knot plus an extra overhand knot.

No repack required and the seal remains intact!

Some stuffy old riggers probably disagree but this laparascopic style rigging is the new way to do things.

[This advice is worth what you paid for it and you waive all liability if following my advice.]

I'd better add a lot of smileys. :)

Thank God you added the smileys, I woulda done all of that ;)