superbudweiser

Sabre 1 190 with a extra steering line?

Today while I was packing tandems a newer jumper was packing his rig and had some question about packing it. I was telling him about checking his steering lines and showed how to get get the line twist out. I was showing the importance of the fact and to get in a habit of doing this while packing because later on when he downsizes it will be a habit. While showing him how I noticed that there where two separate lines going to the brake handle.
There was a knot before the lines connected to the handle. Has anyone seen a separate line so that the Sabre 1 190 has two lines going all the way to the brake handle?

All original saber's 190 and up have two steering lines on each side. The single line is not set when the brakes are set and should be pulled out straight above the keeper ring. I've seen lots of people try to fold this extra line with the slack in the other line from setting the brakes. It will just get pulled out on opening anyway and may cause a knot or other problem.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE