ORANGENBLUE

Instructor Rating Crossover

I am trying to remember in the IRM what it said about at what point during a students progression can an instructors rating cross over from a different method. i.e., a static line or IAD instructor can instruct a AFF student, or vice versa. If I remember correctly it was after all of the method specific jumps were done. (after griped exits for AFF, or after the student is off static line, clear and pulls)

If someone has an IRM handy please refresh my memory.

Thanks,
Craig

When a student crosses over to a different method say to AFF from SL the SL/I may not supervise outside there method of which they rated in, so they could not perform in air evaluations. However the SL/I may teach the general portions of the students training, and once the student has been cleared to self-jumpmaster him or her self any instructor, coach, or responsible D license holder may teach the student in group free fall skills.

As a note I would recommend that a none rated D license holder who wanted to coach a student in group free fall to clear it with the school or powers that be before maybe getting them selves in hot water.
Memento Mori