loveforvdubs

Newbie Audible Question

So I am very, very new to all of this. I haven't even made my first jump yet. Right now I am just trying to learn as much as I can by reading and watching videos while I save up for my AFF course.

I have a question about wrist mounted audibles though, how do you hear them? I would think the wind would be very loud. Are they even louder than the wind, or do they have headphones? Also, I have read about people using a dytter and an audible. What is the difference between the two? Why would you need both?

Oh ok, that makes more sens. But I was looking at some audibles on chutingstar and the pictures of the neptune2 they were wearing them on their wrist.

Some digital altimeters can be worn on the write or in the helmet. On the wrist the alarms have no effect.

Don't worry about it, as a student you will be using an analog altimeter, almost surely.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Don't worry about it, as a student you will be using an analog altimeter, almost surely.

Yea I figured as much haha. But when I go after something new I just like to learn as much as I can, I'm a closet nerd haha. So if someone is wearing something like a neptune on their wrist they are just using it as a digital altimeter and not for the alarms?

So if someone is wearing something like a neptune on their wrist they are just using it as a digital altimeter and not for the alarms?

Correct

May I suggest:
It would be better if you were studying the Skydiver Information Manual (SIM) right now instead of looking at gadgets.

http://www.uspa.org

Click on the SIM button at top.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I'm a noob too, I bought Solo II reticently, now I don't use it, guess why? I lost my altitude awareness, I stopped looking on my wrist alti after 10 jumps with audible. There so many talks about gopro @ 200 jumps, but not so many about audible. Use that money to buy something else!