AggieDave

High centered truck...

Went off-roading again today. Got my ass stuck AGAIN! Aparently my truck doesn't perform too well if I high center it on the truck frame...a quick pull from a buddy got me out, but still...I need a bigger lift and bigger tires on my truck, that'd solve my problems. Anyone care to donate a Rancharo or a Pro-Comp 6" lift and some 38" tires to my cause? My 2" lift and 33" tires just ain't cutt'n it no more.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

'98 Chevy k1500 (Z-71) so it has an IFS.

I'd love to go any of those, but that $1300-ish price tag for a lift kit is killer. That and it'd take me atleast 3 days of straight work to mount the kit on my truck, with the cutting on the frame and welding...

well IFS pretty much limits what you can do to it as far as lifting it goes, i mean you could go as far as you wanted, but anything over 2 or so inches means a new driveshaft, and by that time you might as well just do a solid front swap.

of course you could always just leave the 2 inch you have now, get out the sawzall and go to town on your wheel wells, im sure you could squeeze some 35s in there, maybe 37s if you took off a lot of metal:P

I could sawzall very little and put 35"s on there...with the proper kit, I could lift it over 6" too. Unfortunately IFS kits like that cost a lot. :( Although what IFS can do is very nice too. B| At some point I'm going to make a nice trail rig out of an old Bronco, CJ or Scout, with Dana 44s or 60s and a long list of nice goodies. My truck is nice, just not good for the hard-core wheel'n.

I'm going to make a nice trail rig out of an old Bronco, CJ or Scout, with Dana 44s or 60s and a long list of nice goodies. My truck is nice, just not good for the hard-core wheel'n.

I have a '79 Bronco w/351 for saleB| I also used the sawzall method to keep my center of gravity lower and still get the bigger tires under it. Looks pretty good and works great!

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.