Kalrigan

Advice on a helm for a newbie.

So I just got into this sport recently, I'm working on my AFF at the moment and I know I've been advised not to buy gear yet until at least after I get my AFF done, or even A Level license. I totally agree with that and I think it's a good idea, except the helm. I really want a helm of my own mainly because I don't want to use helms from my dropzone, feel quite uncomfortable with putting something on my head that's been worn by god knows how many people. I'm ok with everything else, but the helm.

Any suggestions on a good, not too expensive, beginner helm?

I'll speak to him this weekend when I go back to the DZ. Thank you very much sir. I like those 2 helms, especially the Benny.

If you call today, you could have the Protec or Benny for the weekend. Just do it, you will be OK. Of course that is easy for me to say, but really, the protec is the student standard helmet. Just go with it.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'll speak to him this weekend when I go back to the DZ. Thank you very much sir. I like those 2 helms, especially the Benny.

If you call today, you could have the Protec or Benny for the weekend. Just do it, you will be OK. Of course that is easy for me to say, but really, the protec is the student standard helmet. Just go with it.

Order it today and get by the weekend? No way, that's too soon I think haha. It's not biggie though, I mean I can do whatever jumps I'm planning to this weekend with any helm, but like for future jumps. I'll definitely see if I can order it today.

Toronto area:
PST has a small gear store on site, run by Rick Cahais, who will help with ordering gear that's not in stock. At STI, J-rodd who runs the rigging loft may have a couple helmets like the Benny in stock and will also assist with ordering gear.
Just ordering from US gear companies can be simpler if one isn't out at a DZ, but may cost more in shipping.

Protec's and Benny's are indeed common first helmets.