AggieDave

Post Something!!

Geez, can't someone post something, entertain me damnit. I'm at the DZ surfing the web out of pure boredom, the clouds are *just* high enough for a 2k hop-n-pop, but apparently I'm the only one that wants to go, so I can't go.:(

This sucks.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

*something*

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20030228/od_nm/hanging_dc

------------------------------------
Man Complains Bad Rope Spoiled His Suicide
Fri Feb 28, 9:21 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - A Romanian man plans to complain to consumer authorities about the poor quality of a rope he used in a failed attempt to hang himself, Romanian papers reported Thursday.

"You can't even die in this country," 45-year-old Victor Dodoi was quoted as saying in the daily Adevarul.

The newspaper said Dodoi's relatives found him hanging from a tree in his garden and managed to cut the rope with a knife. He was taken by horse-drawn cart and then by ambulance to a hospital in the northern town of Botosani.

Dodoi said he would file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Authority about the quality of the rope, which was easily cut, as soon as he is released.
Fly it like you stole it!

*more something*
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=857&ncid=757&e=10&u=/nm/20030301/od_uk_nm/oukoe_odd_bus

-------------------------------------------

Traffic warden tickets bus at bus stop
Fri Feb 28, 8:51 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Bus passengers in Manchester were dumbstruck after a traffic warden slapped a 40-pound parking ticket on their bus when it halted at a bus stop.

Moments after driver Chris O'Mahoney pulled his Number 77 bus into a bay marked "Buses Only" an over-enthusiastic traffic warden issued the ticket, newspapers reported on Saturday.

"All my passengers queuing to get on were gobsmacked (surprised) when the warden dashed over," O'Mahoney told the Sun newspaper.

O'Mahoney said he repeatedly tried to point out to the warden that the vehicle he was driving was a bus and had every right to be stopped at a bus stop.

Red-faced council officials subsequently scrapped the fine.

"Issuing this ticket showed a lack of judgment," a council spokesman said.

The warden is to be retrained.
Fly it like you stole it!

Wow, and I thought that PTTS (the parking nazis on campus) were bad! They'll switch around lot designations and not post anything about it (except on their website) and you'll get ticketed. They'll also tow you if you're parked in almost half of the lots on campus (resident, on campus living parking lots) for football game parking. That always blows.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bus passengers in Manchester were dumbstruck after a traffic warden slapped a 40-pound parking ticket on their bus when it halted at a bus stop.

Damn that is a heavy ticket.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Did my first static line jump today (the one where you do a dummy pull). My jumpmaster got mad at me because I hung on to the C-182 for about 15 seconds after thumb-up, not wanting to let go. Then I did a really lazy arch and forgot competely about the pull. Landed in a small forrest clearing between some power lines. Failed that jump by a clear margin. Put a case for first static line jump. Now I am mighty drunk since someome else put another case and we where only 5 to drink then both and two of them left febre the first was finished. Goimng to jump more (if they allow me back on static line) in 8 hour.
---
PCSS #10