PaulHitchman

Skydive couples or not

Whose got instructeritis! That's the funny ones!!~ ...I've seen 4 now in the last year....girl meets instructor....tandem/ then they are back for FJC and giggling the whole time....next thing...they are necking on the side of the hangar! JM loves it he's got a girl w/ some $$$ and real job he's got a place to live and eat! and sleep! NO more bills for JM....he's a kept man now!
Melissa Bennae
RB#854

I started jumping at age 32 with my bro- in law. my wife wondering why we always had a smile and spent entire weekends at dz decided to do a tandem, i had 42 jumps then the next week she was in static line class. she now has over 500 jumps and me over 700. we are both s/l instructors and videographers

"It seemed like a good idea at the time"

Met my guy at the DZ 1 1/2 hours from home. Turns out we live 1 mile away from eachother. I am still on AFF and he gives such support. Last year we tag teamed manifest so we could try and take turns jumping.

It makes me feel so great just to listen to him debate what rig him might by.

Dowside two skydivers stuck in NE winter wonderland can make for two cranky people. Thank God for video's as Jersy says there good for teh soul
"Cloudy Skies look different through skydivers eyes. Is that a hole in the clouds I see?" Let's get driving!

Blue Skies and Sweet Dreams

I jump and the girl (future psycho ex-girlfriend) I am sorta seeing doesn't
I like it that way...I can get away from her and have so much fun, I feel guilty!!!!;)

>>>
A good friend will bail you outta jail... A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!!!'

I agree that non-skydivers can't handle it.

You've got to be kidding me, right?

Do people out there really think they're any better because they skydive? I know quite a few interesting and hot whuffo guys that any skydiving girl that I've ever met (myself included) could not "handle" them.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Married 27 years and it gets more interesting every year! We are really having fun doing this together.

That line makes me think of this little old couple that Derek and I saw skiing down the bunny slopes together. I told Derek that when we get old we will be that little couple, still toodling down the mountain wearing funny hats. :D
Fly it like you stole it!

Do people out there really think they're any better because they skydive?

Skydiving has made me a better person. As for the rest of you, I'm not that sure ;)

Both of us skydive. She works weekends and doesn't have much money, so I do it more than her.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I'm single and I skydive. I've been in relationships with whuffos and skydivers. I just can't decide which is worse! :S

:DWhat she said. It's one of those flip a coin thing. Hey Val, are you listening, at least there is the altar to think about if going single.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I skydive, she doesnt. Even thinking of marrying this one.

She is hard core wuffo, but doesnt mind I jump, provided I balance my two lives. I am glad I am not jumping as much as I could be. I am experiencing more in life than I would had I just been hanging out at the DZ every single weekend.

Yeah, some of my hard core juming buddies have given me a hard time, but I think i am a better person for settling down with a wuffo.

Now if things start slacking back with her demanding more and more time... thats another story. I have already made it PERFECTLY clear that the only one telling me to stop (or jump less) is me. If she wants me to stop, good luck. She might was well find another wuffo and leave.

We'll see how it goes.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

Skydiving has made me a better person. As for the rest of you, I'm not that sure

Really? Skydiving hasn't made me a better person at all. On weekends where I could be volunteering, going to protests/rallies for causes I strongly believe in, educating myself by reading, improving my general health, etc, I am needlessly polluting the planet instead. It doesn't make me a better person. It might make me more fun, interesting, experienced, but as for the overall "better" aspect...not at all.

I think I also meant more as in a "do people think they're better than anyone else because they skydive." If they think they're better than anyone else because of skydiving, then they are sadly mistaken.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Right now I'm pretty content with just me & my parachute.

She's been loyal, happily goes wherever I want to go and is with me on every jump.

Who could ask for more? ;)

I'm with ya on this one. Rigs don't complain when you want to spend the whole w/e at the dz either. It does get lonely during the week though. Kinda hard to have a good conversation with it and it doesn't care much about how your day went.[:/] Can't have it all though, right? Or can you?

me and my better half met through skydiving
she stopped jumping a few years ago
but she still comes to the DZ with me
and we are still happily married fifteen years later
:)

Fear is that little darkroom where negatives are developed.
Michael Pritchard.

I'd often wondered this myself, too.... Until this one afternoon last September where the though of taking advantage of a poor student crossed my mind.... and we've been madly in love ever since.

;)

_Am

Yeah, I was a poor student with a broken wing, too! Nothing like being vulnerable to attract the vultures...:P So, I lost a functional arm and gained a boy! The universe seems to balance itself out in the end. :)
I love you sooo much, AndyMan!

-P
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)