cameramonkey

How seriously are you taking the new alert?

Ok, Just wondering how you all are taking this new alert.

Personally, I prefer to err on the side of caution. While I was doing my regular grocery shopping today I did get my gallon of water/day/person, and a few canned goods, along with the plastic and duct tape. No biggie. If I am wrong, I have less grocery shopping to do later. Besides, you can NEVER EVER have too much duct tape.;)

I also decided that the plastic isnt why they say we need it. Its so the stench of rotting flesh doesnt fill the streets so they can clean up the neighborhoods easier weeks/months after the attack:D

Yeah, its morbid, but if you cant laugh at your situation in some way, they win.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

Good post, I've been thinking about the same thing. I haven't done anything to "prepare" and I'm wondering if maybe I should.

On the same subject kinda, what do you plan to do with those sheets of plastic if there is no attack (or none in your area)? I'm thinking they'd work great to protect the carpet from the "massage" oils during those all night whoopie sessions...;)

Well, the governments of both the US and England are taking some significant precautions, inasmuch as troops at Heathrow, a trainstation was closed (not the big one, but still a large one), and the US has placed ground0-to-air shooter things (mobile missle launchers? Dunno for sure) on the Washington Beltway, according to the reports. The NY hospitals are on high alert for cynide/serin attacks (per MSNBC/FOX/CNN and various news sites)...

There is nothing wrong with being a bit more prepared. As to living here in So CA, I have all the things in my GOOD kit (Get Out Of Dodge) that are recommended right now. Hey, it's EQ country, and it's always good to be self sufficient for 7 days...

As for taking it seriously, yes, in fact I am. No reason not to, and also no reason to change my normal daily routine.

Ciels-

Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I suspect the degree of nevousness is directly related to where one lives. I have to admit, living outside D.C. I'm a little more nervous today than I was last week. Especially when you see F-16 flying low over this area the last few days and see a few missile lanchers around the city. Yeah, it makes you a little more nervous than if I was living in another area.

the new alert will be raised, i predict within the next 72 hours. the american embassy called for the remaining u.s. citizens in bahrain, saudi-arabia, quatar the u.a.e. etc...to get out NOW.

even with half the world pissed off at us (the "ugly americans") our government is determined to forge ahead without N.A.T.O. concencus. well, that sets the stage for a harmonous relationship with our allies.

i predict, within 3 weeks, we will be in what could become WWIII, anyone NOT taking this seriously needs to rethink their position.

i'm not paranoid, but i am a realist, and i do have some somewhat "inside" info on opps. i'm "locked and loaded" automatic rifles .223 & .308 9mm .45 etc, and i've got some mean ass dogs, so i'll fight the good fight.

it's time to be concerned, real concerned, i've been in saudi-arabia really recently, i've seen the hate in their eyes for us, it's not a good feeling to see others feel, or even look at an american like that. i'm proud to say, i'm cultureally diverse i wished everyone felt the same.

i have a 23 year old son over in quatar right now, the military brainwashed him, he swore to "kill everything with a towel on it's head" and that disturbs me, but i know his co's had to dehumanize the enemy for the benefit of our military.

be safe, take care, watch your ass.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

supposedly if your community is under a bio attack, you are supposed to take 3 days supply of food and water, go into a room of your house, and seal every door, window and hvac vent with tape and plastic. then you are supposed to wait by your radio to be rescued... yeah right.

I'm with you. just bought 250-1000 rounds(depending on the type) per gun that I own, just in case.

one person said "you wont see any of the enemy here, why the ammo?" I said "it isnt the "enemy" I am worried about. its joe whitey down the road that decides he needs my supplies more than I do, and the cops wont stop him because they have better things to do."
From the look on his face, I think something finally clicked.

tear it up

i've been ready and planning for this for a long time, hell, if my house caught on fire and burned down, i wouldn't go near it for at least two weeks. i shant elobarate further. as long as they stay away from my place, and my family, we're kewel, but if the come on my property, it's on, and we won't be taken alive, that's my vow.

i blame the complete arogance of the current administration and his constituants for our current situation, this "let's fight the whole world" B.S. is ludricrous. we CANNOT attack anyone without serious repercusions from other countries, we know who they are, now is the time for "cautious restraint"
--Richard--

I said "it isnt the "enemy" I am worried about. its joe whitey down the road that decides he needs my supplies more than I do, and the cops wont stop him because they have better things to do."

i'm with ya on that bro. i ain't "billy badass" but i won't be going down alone. i think the powers that be underestimate the armament and training of the "average joe" they're wrong.

hopefully cooler heads will prevail, but i doubt it.
--Richard--

Actually I am flat broke. Otherwise, I might be buying a gun or two right now. I think it is a long way from over, but it might not be as bad as everyone thinks. I have faith in our troops, and our intel for the most part. But most importantly, I have faith in somone much bigger. No outcome is impossible.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

i predict, within 3 weeks, we will be in what could become WWIII, anyone NOT taking this seriously needs to rethink their position.

Erm, coming from Britain I should inform you that it's actually going to become Vietnam II, i.e.war for no good reason, whole world against you etc. etc. I can't believe Tony B. is going along with G.W., if we do go to war he'll be cleaning windows this time next year, probably screwing that up too;)

Nick

P.S. Just to let you know, I like America and Americans, just not cheating fools in big white houses...

This username sucks, so I'm BBKid now instead. Replies, insults, sexual favours and death threats to be sent there from now on.

I can't believe Tony B. is going along with G.W.

i'm in Saudi right now, i've got aussies-brits-scots-pakistan-saudis-etc...on my rig here in haradh, saudi-arabia, they are all pretty nervous, tensions are very high to the point of high stress levels. tony blair and george bush are not popular amoung the various cultures we have here right now. blair will be cleaning windows, and bush will be lucky to pull this off and not get in some sort of a bind with the rest of the world...ie: north korea, belgium, germany & france. no one i've talked to is pro war, everyone wants this situation to be settled diplomatically. i'm sure with the events of the last 24 hours we'll see some reaction within 7-10 days. the good news is oil prices are down to $35.00 a bbl vs. $39.44 a bbl because of iraq destroying their missles. hopefully, it'll blow over.
--Richard--