ERICCONNELLY

Another transplant to make you mad...

I think it should work the other way around, people sentenced to Life should donate the one kidney, and whatever else they can without killing them, And people sentenced to death should be forced to return their debt to society by donating their organs.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

There is nothing about this to make me mad. Is it not natural that she should get the transplant in her due time?

A jury of 12 fine women and men have found her guilty of murder and a judge has sentenced her to LIFE in prison. If you disagree with the sentence, go discuss it with the judge.

The United States is a civilized country. Cruel and unusual punishment is prohibited. This is what makes us different from totalitarian countries. Rest asured she would not get the proper medical attention in a Iraqui or North Korean prison. Do you want us to join that club?

The United States does not run concentration camp for it's citizens. Prisons are not ment to be centers of mass distruction, but correctional facilities. They are supported by the taxpayer. Yes, you and me. If you don't like it stop paying taxes or talk to your senator.

The way we treat our prisoners is one of the things that distinguishes us from savages.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

Dave, not the first time! I obviously found a platform of cooperation in the Shiner Bock;)

Seriously now: It says Organ Donor on my Driver's License. If I happen to die and parts of me are good for further use, then the "system" is welcome to them. No matter who gets them, someone gets to live on.

The rest of me they might as well dump in a swamp as gaitor bait. I cant afford a funeral anyway.B|

jraf

Muff #3275

Joy, 49-years-old and drug free for nearly 20 years, said she is not surprised that others object to her possibly getting a liver.

The way we treat our prisoners is one of the things that distinguishes us from savages.

Don't run out of altitude and experience at the same time...

She is a human being. What she has done is irrelevant to the medical profession. A doctor sees only a sick human. Society is best kept out of it, cause it does not have a medical degree.

On other hand society has made it's choice. NO unusuall and cruel punishment. NO denial of equal medical treatment. It's called democracy - the majority has rulled.
jraf

Muff #3275

...fears people will tear up their donor cards if they learn their organs may go to felons.

Yep. I don't feel I should dontate my organs to someone who is in prison. That just prolongs the time that I have to pay for them to be there.. not to mention the VERY expensive procedure as well. Unless she is put on the bottom of this list, this is completely wrong. Law abiding citizens should get the organs first, hands down.
http://www.brandonandlaura.com

Dude, every time you get a speeding or parking ticket you cease to be a law obiding citizen. Every time you drive after a few beers you brake the law...I would be very careful in making distinctions between law and non-law obiding citizens. There is only one kind of citizen in this country: US Citizen.
jraf

Muff #3275

I would be very careful in making distinctions between law and non-law obiding citizens. There is only one kind of citizen in this country: US Citizen.

We all ready ration health care . Remember Michael and her eye problem? Check you health insurance policy. Individual polices have limits and exclusions. A convicted Murderer gets better care than a self employed contractor with a pre existing condition.>:(>:( I think This woman should be lower on the list than some one that just left the bent prop.

I am unemployed, I don't have health insurance and it does not make a difference to me that she is a convicted criminal. I get to skydive and I get to enjoy the sun. I can love my girlfriend and look forward to a future with her.

This impreasoned human being can not. Am I going to deny her health care? Am I going to treat her the way Nazi's and Soviet authorities treated their imprisoned? Do I ever want to fall that low?

As the largest and strongest economy in the world we can afford to be magnanamous. By being magnanamous we show that we indeed stand on top ov the evolutionary ladder. Such is the difference between man and beast.
jraf

Muff #3275

since you are unemployed (therefore pay no taxes) It's pretty damn easy to be magnanamus.

Yes this is a wealthy country. HOWEVER - we can not heal everyone, no matter how mush money we spend. Untill we mandate that everyone donate, whether they want to or not, there will be a shortage of donor organs. Some people will die waiting for a transplant.

Just seems plain stupid to me to give a murderer an organ that could save someone else.

BTW Even in this country of FREEDOM convicted felons are deprived of certain "rights" legally. Also, free medical care is not a right in this country.

In my state, we recently had a teenage girl denied a transplant since the operation was not covered under the list of benifits provided by the state. She died.
( there was a private fund set up to pay but not soon enough and no organ was available once the fund was big enough to pay )
Pity she was too sick and weak to kill someone so she could have had a better chance.

I am unemployed, / we can afford to be magnanamous.

I am Employed. Perhaps that is one reason we see these issues from different perspectives. My health insurance has gone up %42 in the last 2 years. I just wrote my quarterly property tax check of $764.18, up from last year. The School teacher just approves a new contract, if we agree to an State income Tax increase. The Highway Patrol will lay off 300 State troopers if we do not approve an increase in either gas or auto insurance Tax. While your reply is very persuasive, I am the one of the two of us being Magnanamous.;)

I dont see how speeding and being a convicted killer can even compare!!! Great..lets save the life of someone that takes it away from other people. I'm sure if it was one of your family members lifes she took,you just might have a different opinion.

Gravity powered...Air cooled!

Eric/Harry I don't mean to sound arrogant, but rest asured that in the last ten years I paid more taxes than the both of you combined. I am therefore magnanamous.

As to my choice of supporting the health of someone who would violate my family? Well, if the person is in prison, then obviously the law got to the said individual before me. Let the law take take care of him then, and that includes healthcare.

Thirdly, braking the law is braking the law, speeding, DUI or murder. It is the principle that is being violated.
jraf

Muff #3275

I'm sure if it was one of your family members lifes she took,you just might have a different opinion.

Let her die ! Lets prolong her life so she can cost the state more money for keeping her worthless ass behind bars . Meanwhile a person that wants to provide for their family can't because they have to wait for someone that is going to die in prison to get their new liver . This is fucked up :( People that don't have insurance and can't afford a transplant die all the time . I would not mind if the government paid for their transplant but fuck paying for a convicted killers transplant :(:(:(

Remember that she's just getting on the list. Most people who get on the list die. Because you have to get critical enough, and then lucky enough to have someone die for you when you're critical enough.

Wendy w.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

NO denial of equal medical treatment.

I wonder. If she was just a another poor person working for minimum wage would she even be considered for the transplant? Would you be championing her cause? Why not?

Blue skies,

Jim

Remember that she's just getting on the list. Most people who get on the list die. Because you have to get critical enough, and then lucky enough to have someone die for you when you're critical enough.

The numbers of those who don't make it are probably higher than you think, Wendy.[:/]

Been there, done that, lost the love of my life, my late fiancé, while she was awaiting a kidney & pancreas transplant.

As for whether the convicted deserve transplants, I believe that answer is yes. I think it's high-time that everyone realized that we are all human and we are all deserving of basic, fundamental rights. Chief among those is unbiased access to medical care.

Kris
(Registered Organ Donor)
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™