TKruger

New to me Saber 2 190

Another question that just came to me is will my Saber 2 have issues with fitting into a bag that a Pulse 210 has been being packed into..ie my DBag..what about my pilot chute?

I've heard about padding the bag and all and am not sure what to think..Also reference to the size of the pilot chute having a variable influence on how the chute deploys...

Looking for working handling of the above.

I've just landed the above canopyB| and am excited to jump it this weekend. Is there any input anyone out there who has jumped or is currently jumping this canopy has that may aid me?

Many thanks in advance!

I take it you have already bought the canopy…….the question of fit should have been settled before purchase.

FYI….if your profile is correct your wing loading on both main and reserve puts you in the danger zone.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I take it you have already bought the canopy…….the question of fit should have been settled before purchase.

FYI….if your profile is correct your wing loading on both main and reserve puts you in the danger zone.

Sparky

What do you mean by that please?

Sparky

What do you mean by that please?

Your wingloading on the main is more appropriate for 200+ jumps than for the 100 jumps and the ~240 lbs exit weight you list.
The wingloading on your reserve is frankly ridiculous for 100+ jumps. IMO you shoud have a 220+ sqft reserve. Especially if most of those 100 jumps were in 1996.

Hence, danger zone.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thanks for the prompt response. To clarify 240 may not be exactly correct. I weigh about 200 plus my gear. Most of the 100 jumps are recent. Only 30 were back in the 90s.

Please note that I have not gone into my original purchase or this purchase with out consulting instructors and staff at my DZ prior to pulling the trigger.

Thank you for the input.

Hey Ted,

For what it is worth I up sized from a PDR 160 to a PDR 176. I bought and sold on DZ and the swap over cost me about $50.

If your container will take a bigger reserve then it probably won't cost you a whole bunch of money, but you might get a whole lot of peace of mind.

I also have a Sabre2 190 with a PD 176R Reserve and weigh 88kg (193lb) - so near identical to yourself. I purchased this rig new/custom when I had only 35 jumps and took a canopy course before jumping it – which were quite rare in 2003. I still jump this rig and it’s great for wingsuiting.

I’m buying another canopy shortly and plan to get another Sabre 2; it’s a great all around canopy. I’m planning to get a reline with Vectran lines at the end of the year and will probably just keep this rig/canopy. This choice worked for me and I’d do exactly the same again.

However, regarding advice on what is best for you – I’d get it from an instructor at an actual dropzone not a website.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I also have a Sabre2 190 with a PD 176R Reserve and weigh 88kg (193lb) - so near identical to yourself. I purchased this rig new/custom when I had only 35 jumps and took a canopy course before jumping it – which were quite rare in 2003. I still jump this rig and it’s great for wingsuiting.

I’m buying another canopy shortly and plan to get another Sabre 2; it’s a great all around canopy. I’m planning to get a reline with Vectran lines at the end of the year and will probably just keep this rig/canopy. This choice worked for me and I’d do exactly the same again.

However, regarding advice on what is best for you – I’d get it from an instructor at an actual dropzone not a website.

The fact that you got away without injury doesn’t make it the smart thing to do.[:/]

"There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals