antonija

Paralog 5.x installer

I recently bought a new computer and wanted to reinstall paralog, but could not register it due to licence limitations. I contacted Klaus about the issues but he only suggested me paying him more money and register version 7.x. When I asked him for installer for version 5.x his support and email stopped completely.

Does anyone have a copy of 5.x installer stored somewhere? If so, I'd really appreciate if I can get a copy, because I'd prefer software without stupid FB and twitter bloat in it, and I also have no intention of uploading my jump data into clouds.
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

Even though Klaus provides the access to the software, he's also very good about returning emails. However, he's also a skydiver with a day job. Paralog is a small company. They don't have a team of tech support guys in India.;) Sometimes it takes {gasp} a day for an email response.
The link you want is at the bottom of the page, scroll down. You will probably get better service if you don't tell the developer his software has "stupid" features.:P

I probably should have searched more to find that link to archive. I also understand he has other things to do apart from supporting his software, but his emails stopped at the exact moment when I asked for installer for older version. Before that he would answer in less than an hour with links to his FAQ and whatnot. I then asked for older version and have not received email since. That was almost one week ago. Which is {gasp} a bit more than one day. ;)

In email correspondence I way more polite, because I expected to get support as a paying customer. Only after almost a week of no response from him I decided to post here, because none of my friends had installer (and I did not search his entire website for that link to archive).

His support so far has been excellent, but in this case he just bailed out and would not do anything unless I gave him more money (for something I already paid for). This attitude towards paying customers is not cool.

I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

His support so far has been excellent, but in this case he just bailed out and would not do anything unless I gave him more money (for something I already paid for). This attitude towards paying customers is not cool.

Klaus is a standup guy and as its been said, he has a real life outside of his superhero skydiver identity. I've never known him to not respond unless he was busy. You are not the first person to ask for older versions of the software that are no longer supported. Klaus has on occasion gone out of his way to help people who had older versions and failed to back them up or had their system crash when he easily could of told them "too bad". So I don't think its fair to say that he has an attitude, especially when he has a link to the archive on the home page.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Klaus is a standup guy and as its been said, he has a real life outside of his superhero skydiver identity. I've never known him to not respond unless he was busy. You are not the first person to ask for older versions of the software that are no longer supported. Klaus has on occasion gone out of his way to help people who had older versions and failed to back them up or had their system crash when he easily could of told them "too bad". So I don't think its fair to say that he has an attitude, especially when he has a link to the archive on the home page.;)

+1

I have to agree with this whole heartedly. Klaus is a very good guy and he supports his product very well.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I suggest you try getting Adobe to give you an installer for version CS2 (I have, BTW). They won't. It becomes too cost-prohibitive for any company large or small, to support a product that is discontinued.
Not knowing Klaus reason for not responding in 5 days could be a boogie, travel, whatever. But he's good about responding, I hear this from people anytime Paralog comes up. I had some challenges when I started using my Altitrack with Paralog; Klaus was right there.
If you're even remotely as unpleasant in email as you appear to be in this thread, I'd probably ignore your mail too, especially when it comes to a very inexpensive product that has been discontinued for quite a while.
Posting nasty-grams to Dropzone.com probably won't win you any points for support either. Klaus is a stand-up guy, but I'd wager that also means he won't allow people to bully him.
The link is (and always was) there. Sounds like problem solved?

Yes, problem was solved, thanks to a friendly posted on this forum.

I also wrote that Klaus did his very best in supporting his SW until now. His latest replies (or lack of them) were unprofessional.

Klaus is a stand-up guy

I also think that your judgement of character is... well... shitty. I remember you being all excited and pleased with how karnage krew guy handheld his business, defending him every chance you got, when people were complaining on this forum about not getting their gear, etc. It turned out he was just a drunk gambler scamming skydivers out of money, so perhaps you're not the greatest reference when it comes to judging characters.

I know Klaus is good guy because he has helped me in the past with Paralog problems. His track record however is not an excuse to not even send email with archive link while having time to write me a nice email with links to his FAQ and upgrade pages.

Antonija unpleasant?
It seems in this thread he was reasonably polite. After a matter of fact first post, in later posts he also pointed out the good things about Klaus's software and service.

So one isn't allowed to criticize something at all now, if the person involved is a standup guy?

And there are plenty of people out there in the computer world who don't agree with being forced to upgrade to software versions they don't like.

Nothing wrong with pointing out that someone's actions are liked 99% of the time, but neither is it wrong to point out the 1% when someone disagrees.

Yes, problem was solved, thanks to a friendly posted on this forum.

I also wrote that Klaus did his very best in supporting his SW until now. His latest replies (or lack of them) were unprofessional.

Klaus is a stand-up guy

I also think that your judgement of character is... well... shitty. I remember you being all excited and pleased with how karnage krew guy handheld his business, defending him every chance you got, when people were complaining on this forum about not getting their gear, etc. It turned out he was just a drunk gambler scamming skydivers out of money, so perhaps you're not the greatest reference when it comes to judging characters.

I know Klaus is good guy because he has helped me in the past with Paralog problems. His track record however is not an excuse to not even send email with archive link while having time to write me a nice email with links to his FAQ and upgrade pages.

Uhh...for the record, I didn't support Gary/KarnageKrew.
Never met the guy, never did business with him, had my own "questionable" conversations with him. You're thinking of someone else? Maybe you're right. Perhaps I do have "shitty judgement of character." I have trusted others who have done far worse than Karnage Krew.

...I feel it is out of line to jump on a developer because they're not supporting something long-discontinued. My company develops software for a major company; it's common to have support cut-off dates. If you used words like "Stupid" "bloatware" in your emails to Klaus, then I'd consider that "unpleasant." I'd consider someone coming online and complaining about a product as being "unpleasant" when it is your fault you didn't scroll down the page to find the link you needed.

Perhaps Klaus was unpleasant back to you, who knows (it would be out of character for him to be so). You have multiple people telling you he's very good about customer service. Maybe he had a bad day, week, whatever.

write me a nice email with links to his FAQ and upgrade pages.

So, he sent you a link to the page you needed. I'm confused about why you're unhappy.

I expect Klaus has received emails from people on this thread; I'm sure a resolution is coming you way if the link to an old version of the software isn't working for you.

write me a nice email with links to his FAQ and upgrade pages.

So, he sent you a link to the page you needed. I'm confused about why you're unhappy.

You must have problems with reading comprehension or something... Or maybe you just need to try harder. Please read my post again, this time a bit slower. If you still don't get it (might be my fault, english is not my first language), let me know and I'll try to explain it to you, so you won't be confused anymore.

I expect Klaus has received emails from people on this thread; I'm sure a resolution is coming you way if the link to an old version of the software isn't working for you.

I'm sure he has. I'm also sure he read the thread and saw that the problem has been solved, therefore no action from his side is necessary. It just sucks I had to find solution on forums, instead of getting support for paid product.

Scroll to the bottom of this page to find the archived version 5:
http://paralog.net/download.html

Personally, I will stay on version 5 for as long as possible. Not a fan of Facebook and Twitter integration either.

Ah this is awesome! I switched computers a few months ago, and I tried to get Paralog installed on it.

1. Download and install V7. Does not accept my registration key.
2. I Email Klaus on May 29,2012, "Can I get V5?" Klaus says "version 5 is no longer supported and/or available" So I would have to pay for V7.
3. I decide I don't care that much, start using Excel.

Now I find V5 IS AVAILABLE. I install and it accepts my old key, so just need to import my old jump log and I should be back in business.

Klaus, I hope you put that link out there AFTER you told me it was not available. >:(
[edit] From a closer reading of the thread, Klaus may have recently put the link out there. In that case, thank you OP and CH123 for bring that to my attention, and thank you Klaus for putting it out there [/edit]
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".