Enrique

So sad....

Just finished listening to U.S. President's address to the world. It's a sad moment..... :(

How can he say "We are a Country of peace" and 2 minutes later give a 48 hour ultimatum to start dropping bombs!!!!!??????

Of course, after the bombing they will drop food and medicine.... hurraayyyyy! [:/]

Sorry.... I just feel crushed!

We are FUCKED.

This will lead to nothing good. The entire World is run by a bunch of clueless loonatics who conned their ways to the top by convincing the grey masses that they are the chosen ones.
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

The bit that sent shivers down my back was the " You will be prosecuted as war criminals, and 'following orders' is not a defense."

Bearing in mind that this is being perceived as an illegal war ( after listening to his address i can just imagine the lawsuits afterwards - no it was legal we had 3 resolutions, no it wasn't none of the resolutions said we would go to war ) and IF the UK go in - im not sure but i think the British parliament still has to vote on this depsite all the troops out there - well if the uk go in and the war is determined as illegal every soldier out there could be prosecuted as a war criminal - sorry i mean every UK soldier - the US never signed up the International Criminal Court... and now their ally has just stated 'Following orders isnt a defense'
Eek.

Whether or not this is right or wrong my heart and prayers go out to every soldier US, Uk and Iraq, and evey family who has someone there.

This sucks... people with no choice are going to die..

Genie

I don't intend to start a discussion. There have already been plenty. War seems inevitable now and I just feel for all my skydiving buddies and other friends that are in the U.S. military whose destiny and well-being is uncertain. I also think this will lead to a much more restricted and paranoid way of life in the "land of the free".

I also think this will lead to a much more restricted and paranoid way of life in the "land of the free".

Pray for Omri in Israel.... Omri bro.. My prayers are with you.. And all the servicemen and women fighting for our freedom..

Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhino

I also think this will lead to a much more restricted and paranoid way of life in the "land of the free".

Why?

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Well I meant it metaphorically...I am not in the armed forces.

Your kids on other hand might not have a Daddy after this war. Humility is a great things. Stray bullets do not discriminate, they kill[:/]

Go to your child, look at your expecting wife and tell them: Tic..toc..tic..toc..

jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I think that attacking Iraq will only lead to terrorist outbursts (or at least a paranoid feeling in that regard) around the U.S. and its allies. Just try walking into an airport right now........

I'll let you know how it goes when I try to cross the Border (legally) into the U.S. tonight!

The bit that sent shivers down my back was the " You will be prosecuted as war criminals, and 'following orders' is not a defense."

That comment was directed to the use of WMD, which probably isn't a problem for UK soldiers.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Its funny to see so many people against war and going in to over throw saddam....But yet mention hitler and that was ok!!! Granted saddam hasnt killed 6 million people ....YET ....But lets not give him the chance.... Sorry but I'm pro war here... granted I dont know all the politcs but niether does anyone else.....Instead of everyone bitching about it ..lets show some support for all of those over there protecting all of our asses over here !!!>:(

jason

Freedom of speech includes volume

Your kids on other hand might not have a Daddy after this war. Humility is a great things. Stray bullets do not discriminate, they kill[:/]

Go to your child, look at your expecting wife and tell them: Tic..toc..tic..toc..

That's right. The President and all the other "important" people are hidden in bunkers... safe from bullets, bombs, and chemical weapons. The rest of us are not!

Why?

Fear of Terrorism!! the only way Iraq or any other Anti American nation or people can attempt to defeat or even cause any damage to the US is by acts of terrorism...mixing in within the US population as the 9-11 terrorist did.

I pray for our service men and women and that no matter what happens everyone who enjoys the great freedoms we live with supports our country.

Why?

Well apparently Sadaam said in response to the ultimatum that when you start the war be aware that it will be fought everywhere - paraphrasing there but what he said certainly gave me the impression that he would have no problem retaliating on american soil. And no doubt he has the capabilities...maybe not war but terrorism... and you know, that really will curtail the freedom...

Genie

I thought the tone of his speech was at least as serious as the situation demanded. It was probably the best one I've heard him give and I can't help but think that if the same tone had been used previously then more folks would be supporting what he is going to do.

Robin Cook gave his resignation statement to the House of Commons today (top right column).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/2858957.stm

Also worth listening to.

David

Why?

Well apparently Sadaam said in response to the ultimatum that when you start the war be aware that it will be fought everywhere - paraphrasing there but what he said certainly gave me the impression that he would have no problem retaliating on american soil. And no doubt he has the capabilities...maybe not war but terrorism... and you know, that really will curtail the freedom...

Genie

Saddam never had any problems with attacks on American soil. In fact, he pays money to the families of terrorists. So, now that he has admitted direct links to terrorists...
I have no doubt that there are sleeper cells in the US, but if you are going to worry about being a victim of them, your fear is curtailing your own freedom and he wins without lifting a finger.

My prayers go out to the troops and their familes.

I just watched after watching GWB and I thought that Robin Cook handled himself with absolute class and dignity. Makes me miss UK politics.

I agree with alot of what Robin Cook said and I'm disappointed that the tone taken tonight by GWB wasn't taken earlier (as Colin Powell seemed to do). I think it would have went a long way to getting the French and others on board.

David