dontlikemustard

buying a container with a larger waist size?

I found a container that fits, for a decent price.

I weight 195 lb.

this is a like-new container that holds 190-230.

My first canopy will be a 230. I want to be 1 to 1, as recommended.

As far as weight and height sizing goes I fit right in, except for the waist size... I am size 33-36(depending on how much I ate that day :P)

The container however is sized for 38" to 45".

Thoughts?

buying online...

Funny. Try some and check the harness size. Its easy with Javelins, like C17. C is the yoke size, 17 inch is the harness size.

And waist size=laterals.

So the user should talk to Sunpath and ask them the size they recommend vs. what's built. I bet the rig has 25/26, and they need 21 or 22

Actually getting accurate measurements for harness sizing is key. It can also be awkward to find someone else to take the measurements, as taking them yourself won't yield accurate results and finding someone who will do a good job without excessive groping can be difficult.

When I needed to get sized for my last harness I bought a sewing tape measure and hired a prostitute. I was happy to find someone not afraid to get in there and take the measurements, and he/she was happy to make some money without extracting protein from a douche. Win win.

sorry if this is an extremely stupid question but..

am i putting myself in any sort of danger or discomfort if the laterals are a size up?

I would say "no". But the loose fit to your back means the container is going to wiggle around a bit behind you, which can make precision flying a little more difficult, because of the constantly shifting weight. I always find it a little distracting to fly up behind someone in a formation and to watch a rig dancing around on someone's back.

am i putting myself in any sort of danger or discomfort if the laterals are a size up?

I would say "no". But the loose fit to your back means the container is going to wiggle around a bit behind you, which can make precision flying a little more difficult, because of the constantly shifting weight. I always find it a little distracting to fly up behind someone in a formation and to watch a rig dancing around on someone's back.

And it could shift enough to make it pretty hard to find your hackey.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

And makes it easier to fall out
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The hackey or the skydiver?

The hackey or the skydiver?

Quite right, could be taken either way! I meant it could be easier for the jumper to fall out of the harness.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am