waterboy3412

Need input on Canopy Colors

I'm biased towards brighter canopies that are high-contrast with the environment they're in. The ones that are heavily blue don't accomplish that. I did 300 jumps on a black canopy with red ribs; had a lot of people tell me they had trouble seeing me, especially in low light situations.

My current canopies - one has seven yellow cells and two orange; the other has seven orange, one navy, one white. They're pretty visible and don't match any of my other gear. I care much more about being seen than I do being matchy-matchy.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My current main was made in '93 with the lovely neon colors of pink, lime and lemon that were so popular back then. I get heckled some about the bright pink, but that canopy is so bright it is very easy to see. That is what is important. I might be buying a new main and will most likely stick with the same colors, just changing the pink to tangerine.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Bright colors, in my opinion. If you are flying a stealth canopy, it increases the chances that someone won't see you. I fly an Orange and white canopy (PD stock colors) and the pilot tells me mine is the most visible canopy on the DZ.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

3,4,5 are very very hard to see from below you, not good. I've never liked those canopies due to that.

1 and 2 should be ok, visibility-wise.

BTW if you have a fairl recent version of windows, you got the free Snipping Tool (in Accessories) as well. Use it :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Ya thanks for the tip, it makes total sense to be as visible as possible. Personally I'm leaning toward #2.

More red and white, and less blue would increase that.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm looking at ordering a Sabre2 and I need some help picking a color scheme. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks for your help and sorry for the picture quality.

Remember that you can do things with the cell dividers too, an example is attached.

(Edit: Something is changing my graphic, it looks much better in my program.)

I'm looking at ordering a Sabre2 and I need some help picking a color scheme.

A friend of mine asked me the same question about 2 weeks ago.
Here is my summary.
At least 2 bright colors, so people can see you on any background and you can spot easier your canopy after cutaway.
Top center cell in dark color, so you can't see when it gets dirty after many packjobs.
Bottom center cell in totally different color than any other cell, so you can find the middle easily when "PRO" packing.

Enjoy your canopy no matter which color you select.
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

Makesure your center cell is different it makes flaking easier. Also dont make it a light color it shows the dirt to easy after cocooning the tail. Mainly if you can see through it when you put the canopy down you see a line that wont make any difference anyway lookt out of place. people star over flaking.

Make sure your center cell is different it makes flaking easier.

Not so important really, I and many others think.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

go with what makes you happy.

you have to pack and fly it ;)

you might also take this into consideration, it's a study on canopy fabric, strength and effects of exposure to the sun, based on color:
http://www.apf.asn.au/ArticleDocuments/145/ZP-Fabric_Color_and_Strength_Endurance_06-07.ppt.aspx
DS#727, DB Cooper #41, POPS #11065, SCR #13183, FA #2125, SCS #8306, HALO #309 SRA #5930

I need some help picking a color scheme.

Who do you want to please? A bunch of online strangers who will probably never see your canopy? Or yourself?

Exactly.

It's your money and canopy, get the colors you like. Get colors that make you want to pack & jump that canopy. All of those patterns are highly visible anyways...and will look beautiful.