degeneration

ZPX Pilot in an Icon I3

I have an I3 and am looking to get a Pilot 117 sometime in the future.

I'd prefer the ZPX fabric but realise that an I3 is sized for a regular ZP Pilot 117-132, so the ZPX 117 will be smaller. While smaller volume will it still be ok in the I3? Like, thinking "pack big" when packing...?

Now obviously going by the manufacturer's measurements it should be too small, but I am asking because often containers can fit canopies smaller than the stated sizes. For example, I had a Wings W11 rig, with which I downsized to a Pilot 132. 132 is below the recommended sizes for that container, but it still fit fine.

So if a Pilot 117 ZPX packs more like a Pilot 110 or that size, would it still fit looser, but ok?
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I emailed Sandy Kimball at Aerodyne a similar question as I liked the look of the ZPX material but the pack volume would be lower than my container would comfortably hold. An excerpt of her reply was:

...Stick to ZP as the ZPX 168 will make your container look soft and could cause you to have hard or radical openings since the Dbag will not fit the canopy appropriately. ZPX would be a good choice if you had a smaller rig but wanted a bigger main than it would currently hold. In your case the smaller pack volume of the ZPX would not be a benefit...

Cheers

Adam.

Awesome.

Should I get this ZPX 117, what's the smallest Icon it would fit in - I2 or I1? Just thinking for way down the line if I get another new container.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Cheers for that.

Now if your low volume reserves that you have in the works can get a 120 region in an I1 that would be AWESOME!

Yeah, I noticed that someone in the UK was selling an I1 with a 110 reserve which looked ok. But 110 is smaller than I'd be willing to go on my reserve. 120 region would be fine, but 110 would be pushing it.

In 3-5 years I'll hopefully get my ideal rig, which will be an Icon I1 with a Pilot and some low pack volume reserve in the 120 region. All my questions just now are to start building up knowledge of what will work and not work, so I can adjust my plans over the years until I am in a place where I can buy.

Your info here is much appreciated. :)