Rdutch

Canopy theif's suck

and on a reserve repack, ask your rigger the write your name/address/phone number on the reserve bridle too.

Actually it's smarter to just put "RETURN TO NEAREST DROPZONE - REWARD" on there if you plan on selling the rig ever then the next person's cutaway may be returned to you :)

This worked for me on cutaway #1, a lady walking her dog returned it -- me : out $35 bucks saved: $200

Kevin

most freebags have only a batch number rather than a seriel number. Many times I've seen name and number written on the freebag bridle- works well.

Hey man, great idea. Why don't you take care of that for me next time mine is in for repack? I'll throw some more jerky your way if you do:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm currently dealing with a potentially different type of canopy thief. There is a certain DZO of a USPA DZ who contacted me about buying one of my canopies that I had listed here on "dropzone.com". We agreed to a price and three weeks ago I shipped the canopy off to him. Well thanks to FedEx's website, I know he's received it, but so far he's not paid me a penny. Over one week ago the dude did mention in an email that he forgot to send the check and that he was sorry and that it would be sent right away. But still no sign of anything (and the dude has not returned my last email enquiry about the situation).

Now I'm not going to mention any names at this time in the hope that he'll have a change of heart and send me the agreed upon money (or send me back my canopy). But if I don't hear back from him sometime soon. I'm not going to be a happy camper and you know I'll be telling people about this particular USPA DZO who might be trying to steal my canopy. >:(

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

If he doesn't send you the cash I hope you do post his name, or pm me so I can make sure in my travels to avoid that dz. As a matter of fact all dz.commers should boycott him. Sorry about your luck, and I hope you get your cash soon.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

I would like to know the DZO too. Sounds like a nice place not to visit...

-Hixxx

Believe me, if I don't get paid soon (or get my canopy back) I will be posting here, as well as contacting the USPA and maybe even the police. But now is not the time to be doing that sort of stuff. For all I know a letter is waiting for me in my mailbox (though I suspect it's not)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yo Ray,

Glad to hear that you got my, I mean...your canopy back!!!

By the way, I found Dag-I combed the hospitals, jails & ditches. He is at my house getting tanked on Ketel One & Red Bull right now. How much do you think the Norgies will pay me in ransom to return him??? To bad you are Norwegian, you could fill in his slot if he doesnt make it back to Deland.;)