Quagmirian

My little project

Thought this thread could do with an update.

In July I qualified for my BPA advanced packing certificate. Basic rigging is next.

I've built an evolution of the not so successful orange 7 cell from 2 years back. It has a thinner foil and steeper trim. I'd like to use it to investigate deployments from paragliders and other slow aircraft. I don't have any pictures of it finished yet, but it looks alright.

I want to say come to South Africa but I am not sure if we have any rules against home built canopies. i think not as long as container and reserve are TSO'd.

Also most DZ's are not 7 days a week though.

Flights are going to be your main expense. More expensive than a European trip.
16 pounds for a jump ticket

Just to let you all know I'm not dead. I went on the BR course in December, so I have until the end of this year to do all the work and prepare for the exam, so I'll be focusing on that primarily. But I haven't forgotten about jumping my most recent canopy.

[inline 28216998_10215906276199504_1940731695_o.jpg]

28216998_10215906276199504_1940731695_o.jpg

Jumped it at Vectorfest

[inline white_canopy.jpg]

[inline white_canopy1.jpg]

First impressions are that it is definitely an improvement on the orange canopy. The control range is still a touch shorter than I had hoped for, but the toggle turns are nice and smooth and the landing flare is beautiful. Lovely landing in nil winds.

If I work out how to edit the video I will upload it and link it here.

white_canopy.jpg

white_canopy1.jpg

I believe he is looking for a copy of the Lone Star Parachute Assembly Manual that mentioned early on in this thread. The manual, along with the audio tapes, was used to assemble the precut pieces that they sold with it at additional cost. The parachute did a few things that aren't conventional with modern parachute manufacturing.

The manual used to be available online, I believe at the UKskydiver.co.uk site. I have two versions of it scanned in pdf form and a couple of years ago I digitized the audio tapes.

I will make it a point sometime this year to upload them somewhere as I don't want to field individual requests for it. If someone has a suggestion of a repository where they could be stored and accessed by anyone it could be helpful. I don't want to put it on a private server or where someone could try and turn a profit from it. The information at this point isn't that fantastic.

Quagmirian. Bravo. Seriously bravo! It's awesome to read this thread. Especially the negative comments from the people saying you'd never make a jumpable canopy.. look at you now with several of them!
Awesome!