andreeb77

Neos 109 in V306

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have experiences with the packing volume of a Neos 109? I jump a Micron V306 with an Optimum 126 reserve. Currently there's a XFire 109 in there.

UPT's sizing chart says a Neos doesn't fit into this combination. Can someone either confirm or deny this?

Thanks in advance!

UPT's sizing chart says a Neos doesn't fit into this combination. Can someone either confirm or deny this?

If the manufacture says it does not fit why would you go on line shopping a different opinion? UPT just might know what they are talking about.:S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

If the manufacture says it does not fit why would you go on line shopping a different opinion? UPT just might know what they are talking about.:S

...because UPT gives recommendations (at least I take them as such). E.g. they recommend standard fitting main canopies which does not mean that a size smaller or bigger does not fit. It might just not be too convenient to pack (in reasonable limits, of course).

...because UPT gives recommendations (at least I take them as such). E.g. they recommend standard fitting main canopies which does not mean that a size smaller or bigger does not fit. It might just not be too convenient to pack (in reasonable limits, of course).

Overstuffed rigs have been linked to delayed reserve deployments. Is that a risk you want to take?

my Neos 109 packs a little bigger than my ex Crossfire2 119, if that could be of any help.

and UPT says only an XF2 109 will fit in a v306, the neos packs bigger, hence it would be out of limits..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

This is what they say.

Recommended Canopy Size

The pack volume represented by these sample groups should be considered maximum recommended pack volumes to ensure proper fit, function and ease of packing. Down sizing main and/or reserve canopy one size category is acceptable. It is not recommended to use larger reserve canopies than represented in the sample group.

And I still feel it is foolish not to follow the recommendations of the manufacture.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

The sizing chart that UPT has doesn't always include all possible combinations. At least in my experience.

So I think it's a good question.

Piis- do you think it packs like a 129 crossfire or a size in between a 119 or a 129?

I've been jumping 1 size to big with a crossfire (119 was standard fitting- I jumped a 129 which wasnt on the chart) and a vector for 400 jumps with one reserve ride. The rig didnt't feel as soft and comfy anymore, but it's doable.

Plus I asked UPT and they had no concerns and said to give it a go.. :)

Grüße an den kleinen ;)

Demo a Neos 109 and find out for yourself...
http://www.para-concepts.com/Store/index.php?cPath=30_33

If it helps any, the 109 was a very tight fit in my V319 which comfortably holds a Samurai 120 and Xaos21-104. Not at the same time, of course.

I have a copy of the UPT sizing chart from 2009 and another from 2012. Interesting changes to many of the recommendations. Enough of a difference that I would not completely trust the chart alone.

You can easily pack noes 109 into v306 bag.

Neos 109 packs little smaller than crossfire 119 or as big as 119.

It only has x-bracing in the center cell and and its small stabilizer does not add too much bulk.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016