happythoughts

The Dating Game

This has got to be the ultimate, all-inclusive post. With all the questions as to what makes a perfect date/mate/SO/future ex, we need to come up with a series of questions that will help identify that person. Therefore, we can do it in a fashion similar to The Dating Game. Contribute a question that you would ask your prospective date.
The Dating Game was the perfect game show. It was the only show where you could actually win another contestant. B| Of course, sometimes "winning" was stretching the definition. :o
Rules:
1-Questions such as "how much do you make" will be responded to with the default answer of "$20, same as downtown, ho".
2-Sheep will not answer questions.

1) do you still live at home?

2) if we didn't get together tonight what would you have done?

I like the last one the most, you can really learn a lot about someone with that one.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Are you currently taking perscription medication?

What fetish best describes your sexual tendencies?

What can I get for a $20?
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

2) How is someone like you single?

I completely hate this question. Its smarmy pickup-line feeling aside, the assumption seems to be that if you COULD be with someone, you WOULD. Therefore, if you're single -- what's wrong with you?

The astute among us have learned that there is no contest between contented singlehood and not-right couplehood.
Skydiving is for cool people only

2) How is someone like you single?

I completely hate this question. Its smarmy pickup-line feeling aside, the assumption seems to be that if you COULD be with someone, you WOULD. Therefore, if you're single -- what's wrong with you?

The astute among us have learned that there is no contest between contented singlehood and not-right couplehood.

what was all that Jess?? I didn't understand any of it :P

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I'm wondering why everyone interprets this question as an attack?

It is entirely possible that some people choose to stay single, I for one have gone out with a girl who chose to stay single for a while and I could never figureout why.

I don't mean anything by it when I say that some people need to be less defensive.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte

1. Can you stand companionable silence without having to fill it with talk?
  2. Can you listen to a whole thought without interrupting?

Wendy W. (not that I'm bitter or anything)
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That is a tricky question. I can see both sides of the coin with it.
While you intend for it to flatter, the flatteree could be sitting there thinking,...Hmmm...he or she is trying to figure out whats wrong with me, How do I answer this one?. Then is could get weird.
-

"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know you were born to fly?"

Like how is someone so great single, and see how they react.

I'd roll my eyes so far into the back of my head they'd get stuck there and I'd look like Geordi LaForge without his thingie on for the rest of the night.

I don't mean anything by it when I say that some people need to be less defensive.

Wildblue always says I'm a bitter old crone -- maybe he's right!! :o
Skydiving is for cool people only

Hmmm...he or she trying to figure out whats wrong with me,

But at least he/she is intrigued enough to try and figure out what's wrong with you. He/she could just walk away and not even care.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'm wondering why everyone interprets this question as an attack?

Didn't mean to infer that I thought you were being antagonistic.
I was saying that when I ask the question, I am. A little introspection is good for the soul. If people are in "I am looking for someone perfect" mode, it's a great question.