Jalien

Anyone tried these goggles?

I got some goggles like those. I like my goggles tight, and the elastic on these went bad after only 2 jumps. So I will not be buying these again.

Like a more regular skydiving goggle, they will provide a good seal provided your face fits them.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I'm thinking of getting these goggles: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLIMBING-SKY-DIVING-PARACHUTING-HAND-GLIDING-GOGGLES-/200495386223?pt=UK_SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item2eae74ce6f

Anyone tried them for skydiving? Any info on fit, and wind seal? Are they well made?

Thanks for looking

I dunno how comfy that plastic strap retainer/adjuster doohickey would be under a tight helmet...I've seen smaller fishing bobbers on tuna lines.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

On ebay sellers through any use they kind think of in the description to get more hits.

IMHO these are not skydiving googles. Neither is the second example in the thread.

I guess Kroop googles are just not cool enough at $8.:S And of course they aren't skydiving googles either. They're horse racing googles.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

+1....... Soft goggles without the hard lens or frames that can become a sharp or hard object that is jammed into your eye are the way to go. Kroops have been jumped by thousands for decades. I have no financial interest in Kroops. But I do like to see folks be safe. B|

On ebay sellers through any use they kind think of in the description to get more hits.

IMHO these are not skydiving googles. Neither is the second example in the thread.

I guess Kroop googles are just not cool enough at $8.:S And of course they aren't skydiving googles either. They're horse racing googles.

Terry this IS the 21st century...it's not about working good, it's all about LOOKING good! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Quote:

"The frames are made from TR-90 a material that Dixon use in their military rang."
Who is Dixon? What is "military rang"? And what really is "TR-90"?

http://www.emsgrivory.com/mytools/datenblaetter/datenblaetter/grilamid_tr/TR_90_E.pdf

Still working on Dixon and "military rang".

Sparky

It seems you can pay a lot more for the same thing.

http://www.ussportseyewear.com/product.php/121/rx-extreme-sports-goggles-sunglasses-prescription
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

"The frames are made from TR-90 a material that Dixon use in their military rang."

http://www.emsgrivory.com/mytools/datenblaetter/datenblaetter/grilamid_tr/TR_90_E.pdf

Quote:
"Grilamid TR grades are transparent thermoplastic polyamides based on aliphatic and cycloaliphatic blocks."
Oh, well that explains everything! :S

I think I'll just go with "plastic".

Quote:
"Grilamid TR grades are transparent thermoplastic polyamides based on aliphatic and cycloaliphatic blocks."
Oh, well that explains everything! :S

I think I'll just go with "plastic".

John, you are so 80's. :)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

What is "military rang"?

I was more worried trying to figure out how the goggles might save you if you tried to go 'hand gliding'.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I was thinking that Hand Gliding was when you drove fast with your arm out the window and making airplane noises... In which case the goggles would be perfect.

What is "military rang"?

I was more worried trying to figure out how the goggles might save you if you tried to go 'hand gliding'.