diverdriver

Fayard Enterprises goes bankrupt?????

Not everyone has the USPA's safety and training administrator running their school. I think it can be said you have extra protection...

-Hixxx

Thanks...I didn't know if I should drag his name into it or not, but yeah, that is another reason why I totally trust his judgement. He can't control everything that happens at the DZ (he does his best, believe me!), but he can control which planes we use, so I trust those planes.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

There are and have been quite a few airlines(regional and commercial) in the past decade running in bankruptcy. Chapter 11 is meant to allow companies the time they need to figure out a better finacial strategy. In the last couple of years quite a few charter airlines, DZ, and airport have folded. He's had the CASA's up for sale since last summer, less jumpers(everywhere because of the economy),huge insurance increases since 9-11-01, and leasing demand down. I don't find it hard to understand why he's having a hard time right now.

We need to help this DZ and all others right now not slander them.

We need to help this DZ and all others right now not slander them.

If the largest jump plane owner/operator in the country is going bankrupt, this is something we should know about - just like we know about United, we should know about Fayard.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

It's no secret that aircraft operations have cut on maintenance when in financial straits. It would not be the first time. It wouldn't be the last either. I left an operation that stopped paying the mechanics. They stopped working on the aircraft. Not saying that's what is happening here. But people should keep their eyes open. That is all. It's tough enough to fix planes these days with the slow down in operations. But when your parts supplier is one of the ones filing as a "creditor" it might be tough to get parts when needed to fix your aircraft. And there aren't a whole lot of Twin Otter suppliers out there.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Chris, the story that i've gotten is that it was to cover some relatively small problems that occured in the off-season. He filed wilingly to put off some payments on electronics until the season kicked in. This sounds like a text-book example of how chapter 11 is supposed to work.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I think actually we are all in agreement. Yes, maybe rationale to raise an eyebrow, but no we shouldn't be so quick to believe that maintenance will be less. At first, that was somewhat implied but then later Chris points out that his intention was to suggest that it is something to be aware of. And yes, that is true with all planes. Were not really agrueing here, but Froglady your points are well thought out and neccesary! You actually finished my point about chapter 11 that I only implied.

Well Jason McClure, you just might ask your team mate Matt Norris from the Angry Beez about who I am and what I'm about. Hidden agenda? Oh please. I'll assume that you don't know who I am or what I've done about jump plane education and safety. So, click on my website and look around. www.DiverDriver.com. I've met Paul once. That was during the record attempts at SDC in 2000. So how could I have something against Paul? I believe that anyone being investigated by the IRS, Dept. of Treasury, and the Securities and Exchange Commission has a lot of issues going on. I always tell jumpers they should be aware of the planes they jump out of and how they are maintained. Nothing has changed. It's what I do. Maybe it's because I'm tired of having my friends die in jump plane accidents. In my 8 years in this sport I have had 24 friends killed in jump plane accidents. That's why I started my website. I didn't see anyone else doing anything about what I percieve to be a problem. The Cypres was started because someone was tired of no-pulls in this sport. He saw a need. He did something about it. I am trying to do the same thing. So, as for being someone who likes to hear his own voice well, you might be right. Because as long as I have breath in my lungs I will try to educate as many jumpers and pilots about what safe aircraft operations are about.

Am I trying to spread dirt on someone? How can I be? It's on a public website for all to see like accident reports on the FAA and NTSB sites. We have "Press Clips" on all sorts of topics here on DZ.com. How is my post different from that?

Also, this thread was dead. It's been 8 days without posts. If you didn't want my words spread around why did you bump it up? It's not like many go back and search my posts in Talk Balk.

Thank you Chris for reminding me who my team mates were and what team I was on, I would have most certainly forgotten. If your only concern was for jumpers safety why didn't you call our mutual friend Matt and ask him about it?? After all he is the new manager of CSS. He would certainly know the scoop for you.
People that want to know about it can and will find out about it because it is public information.I just thought it was in pretty poor taste that you post all of that info on this board and then question the safety of the planes.
As for the thread being dead, well I'm sorry for not being chained to my computer like you and posting responses in ten minutes. I only heard about it this past weekend while on a BASE trip when a guy from Indy told me about it.

Less yak more pack!!!!! You should really get out and jump more instead of trying to stay on top of the latest gossip and get into everyones business ;)

Although it was nice for guys like me to find this out, since for the past 3 years we've rented a CASA from CSS for a boogie. We didn't know that the planes were up for sale, so we're trying to find out if one will still be available for the boogie. No worries about maintence, from what I understand and from what I've seen of his planes, they're good to go. We just want to have that CASA for the boogie. B|:P

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Although it was nice for guys like me to find this out, since for the past 3 years we've rented a CASA from CSS for a boogie. We didn't know that the planes were up for sale, so we're trying to find out if one will still be available for the boogie. No worries about maintence, from what I understand and from what I've seen of his planes, they're good to go. We just want to have that CASA for the boogie. B|:P

Humm.. you obviously haven't seen the picture of one of their casas on my website, here for your viewing pleasure.

Well Brush here in CO lost the CASA for their boogie.
Fly it like you stole it!

Less yak more pack!!!!! You should really get out and jump more instead of trying to stay on top of the latest gossip and get into everyones business ;)

Gossip? I posted facts. I think that with the IRS, Dept. of the Treasury, and the Security and Exchange Commision involved I'd say that's pretty significant. And you know, someone told me something similar to what you just said just before 5 of my friends were killed in a 206 crash a year after I left that bad operation. Said "shut up and jump". Yah, and then they died. 5 years ago this past March 21st. I said to myself no more. I will not shut up anymore. I will let people know what information I have. If it is factual. They will know.

Everyone posts here periodicly, "What make a plane fly?"......Answer: Money. Guess what. During bankruptcy you ain't got much money.

Jason, my pointing out your team is a frame of reference. You posted the link to your team in your profile. I doubt you needed reminding of who your team mates are. But, as it is, Matt worked at SDC for awhile so he knows what kind of pilot I am. That's fine that you think that I'm out of line for posting facts. Maybe we should just burry our heads in the sand again so we can have a repeat of 1999 where we lost 27 people in 6 different accidents. I care not to see that again. People should be aware. People should use prudent judgement. That is all.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Uh probably the shitty maintinance that diverdriver is talking about ?

:D

Ouch Kevin. I don't remember posting anything like that.

"reason I post this is because I am concerned for jumpers' safety in jump planes. An operation that can't pay its' bills might have trouble paying for maintenance on its' planes"

That was what I was pointing at.. to me it sounded like you were implying there might be an maintenance issue.

My perspective, if I may:

Chris discovered some things that raised a red flag, based on his experience in aviation. In the past, aviation companies have curtailed maintenance in order to get through tough financial times. Not all or probably not even most companies have done this, but it has happened. Therefore, it is prudent to keep an eye on an aviation company, be it United, Northwest, CSS, whatever, that is experiencing financial problems. Drop zones in particular have a history of weak, shoddy, or lack of maintenance. Someone recently asked, "Why would someone not perform the maintenance on his or her million dollar aircraft?" If spending the money on maintenance means they won't have the money to pay the note on that aircraft and lose the aircraft, they may be compelled to risk it. It is a red flag, no more, no less. I understand that you compelled to defend CSS, and that is OK, especially if you jump there. Please continue to monitor the maintenance at CSS, for any change should be obvious. I think that is all Chris is saying, (Chris please correct me if I am wrong).

I have jumped CSS aircraft before and have never had an issue with the maintenance of the aircraft. I have had issues with maintenance of a different DZ's aircraft, which was a factor in my leaving that DZ permanently.

Hook

"reason I post this is because I am concerned for jumpers' safety in jump planes. An operation that can't pay its' bills might have trouble paying for maintenance on its' planes"

That was what I was pointing at.. to me it sounded like you were implying there might be an maintenance issue.

Then I'm sorry I implied that they HAD "shitty maintenance". I said "might have trouble". I would say that Hooknswoop's assesment is best. It seems to sum up what I could not. Thanks Derek.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

but somehow an assumption created an emotion

I dont think there's any assumption's on how paul take's care of his planes...I've personaly seen it on the sebastian otter when I jumped there....and I was not impressed...:|:|

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Well Brush here in CO lost the CASA for their boogie.

Kelli,
From what I heard both the Lamar boogie and Brush had the Casa for the same weekend. Kind of a mix up I guess. Check with Pat and see if he's still got it lined up for the Boogie down south.

(wanted to get in here before the thread gets locked. Never been in a locked thread:$)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey