dterrick

1,000,000 Ft up

OK, twisted statistics time...

I was reviewing my logbook and updating my Excel spreadsheet for CoP requirements and I came up with some interesting statistics:

During my visit to Hollister on Safety Day, I surpassed one MILLION feet lifted in a jumpship. I thought that was neat because it's such a big, round number. I also broke through my first hour of freefall.

I continued by examining feet freeflown versus feet flown under canopy. the ratio came out to almost exactly 0.66:1. That calculation includes all the hop n pops, training jumps, and the 18,000 ft. monsters. In a Cessna dropzone that's a consistent 9k exit 3k dump.

Translated into Miles flown, I have flown my canopy once to my home dropzone to the mile! I have freeflown from my home to the second closest dropzone also to the mile.

Spooky?

Anyone else create twisted trivia like this?

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

I haven't done the precise math, but very recently, it appears that I surpassed the 3,000,000 feet lifted in a jumpship and 15,000 seconds of freefall time. That's all for now.. :SB|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Damn! Where in the hell do you find the time to do shit like this??

It started out at about jump #25 when I decided an Excel log would help me track my accomplishments more easily than the logbook and with less expense than a protrack. It's just carried on from there. It took me about 20 minutes to add and complete a column including "jump type" so I could assess my chances of earning my CSPA C CoP (much more stringent than the FAI requirements) this season.

The 20 minutes spent has changed my jump plans for the summer. The cool stats are nothing more than a byproduct of having to plan a budget to achieve a goal.

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Hmmm, interesting. I'm going to rough this one but....

2000 jumps x 12,500 ft =25,000,000 feet\5280ft = 4734.85 Miles fallen. Can I get frequent flyer miles on that?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.