jono

EG Jumpsuits

Well......yes and no. Ordered a suit in late March, just received it last week. Suit is very nice. High quality and well designed. However, communication and consistency in order times is apparently not very good. Had to really keep on him via email to get in even as quick as I did. If you have time to spare and want to save a couple hundred bucks, go for it. But if you want a simple order and forget it process that gets you a suit in 4-6 weeks youre better off going with tony or bev.

This is reminding me of that suit manufacturer in Central America, somewhere (Peru?). Don't remember the name. He was pretty active on E-bay for a time. He made nice-looking suits...that fell apart almost as soon as you started jumping them. They were hopeless after about fifty jumps. Those who had bought them thought they were saving money, too.

A lot of expertise goes into making a good quality suit. Bev RW suits start at around $265. You're taking a big roll of the dice using an unknown. Even if it works out reasonably well. You won't be saving much. Your money_your choice.

It isn't similar because the EG suits have good build quality. They aren't falling apart at 50 jumps so it is an unfair comparison.

it's also an unfair comparo because he obviously know nothing about EG suits.
They have been around for YEARS. and often seen at many boogies.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I have one that I bought off here for free flying. I did not custom order it so it was entirely too baggy for free fly but it makes a great slow belly suit for me. Great suit and it has held up pretty good especially only costing 150 bucks.

I've met the guy...hell i've crashed into him in the sky once...burbles + N00B= OH SHIT!
But a few of my friends have them and they seem to work very well.
I'm thinking of getting one since the guy lives only 30min from me.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

It isn't similar because the EG suits have good build quality. They aren't falling apart at 50 jumps so it is an unfair comparison.

Really? The sound of the Ads of theirs I've seen primarily on E-bay sound cheesy.

OK. I stand corrected.

We have about a dozen EG suits we put on our tandem students. They've held up very well for a few years now....especially considering the constant abuse the receive with most of our TMs sliding their students in on their butts!

I know of 2 other funjumpers here using EG suits....one is a RW suit and another is a freefly suit. I think both customers are pleased....at least I've, never heard any complaints
Do you know where your tools are?

EG is a great guy. FWIW English is not his native language. So yes, he's ads are funny to read.

Having said that. I do have 4 of his suits, 2 RWs, one camera, and one FF.

Have been using them for years (since 2004). They are very well manufactured, and after years of use,they are still in very good shape. Never had issues with the quality.

Yes, I will buy again from him without hesitation.:)

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

I had a lightly used EG suit for about 30 jumps and about 2 tunnel hours before the arm blew up in the tunnel. By that time the top layer of fabric was also pulling away from the seams in several places.

I bought it to last me until my Vertical Suit arrived. I expected to get what I paid for (about $100)... and did.

I would not buy an EG again for tunnel for sure and it's unlikely that I would for sky flying as well.
There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day and try it.
-- Douglas Adams

Well I got my new EG suit yesterday and as yet I haven't jumped in it but I am really impressed (and a little surprised) with the build quality. It's damn near a perfect fit as well considering its "off the shelf". Can't complain at all for the price and would happly recommend them to anybody that falls into their size range and wants to save some $$ without buying crap.
Thanks Edgardo. ;)

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

I purchased an in stock rw suit a few months ago and the fit and finish as well as his shipping were all awesome!! my dz bought a bunch of tandem suits from EG and they have been holding up quite well, my experience with EG has been great and i will be buying a ff suit from him shortly- A+ stuff in my book:)

He doesn't communicate very well. He doesn't return phone calls or emails. When you finally do get hold of him, he stands behind his work.

I bought a new suit from him that totally shredded apart on the 2nd jump. After several months of trying to contact him and getting no response, he finally responded and allowed me to return the suit and gave me full purchase price credit on another suit (+1).

I sent him my measurements and the new suit is 2" too long. He told me to try it on and send it back for adjustment if it didn't fit. I tried several times to contact him by phone and email and got no response (-1).

He seems like a nice guy who is trustworthy and stands behind his product. He is just lousy at returning phone calls or emails. I gave up trying to have him fix my second suit. :|

YMMV.

For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Not sure my comments were worthy of a personal attack. I gave Edgardo credit for standing behind his work - he is just nearly impossible to contact. He produces a good product - his customer service is horrible.

I have purchased almost all of my equipment on DZ.Com or EBAY and have not had a single problem until I bought an EG Suit.

Just ordered a FF suit from EG tonight (1/28/13). Sent measurements and payment through his website and PayPal. So far my experience has been as follows:

-3 days for first response for a random email inquiry from website (definitely a good response time) Still waiting for a response from PhoenixFly about their tracking suit and that was a few days ago as well.
-Less than a few hours for all other email correspondences (More than satisfactory) and answered most/all of my questions.
-Requested a confirmation of payment and order details and he responded in about a half hour to an hour. This was great because I read this thread after submitting payment and got worried.
-Promised turnaround and delivery prior to February 12, 2013 for a February 13th trip. We'll see how that turns out.

So far my experience has been pretty positive. And I'm hoping that the suit arrives in time and is worth the money for a first suit. Couldn't see spending $600+ for one of those cool Tonfly suits. I'll repost when I have further details on my EG Sky Suits experience.

-Blue Skies
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

I hope the best for you. The Skydiving community is a small community and it is difficult making money supporting skydivers. It isn't my intent to make it more difficult for a one person company jumpsuit manufacturer to make money.

It may be my experience with EG Jumpsuit was unusual. I certainly hope so.

I bought a pair of swoop shorts and recently, an RW suit from EG. The build quality is great. However, both pieces were custom ordered and ended up NOT being what I ordered. I liked them well enough that I didnt send them back, but......
Like others have said, communication is NOT a strong point with him. Waited and waited past the date that he said my suit would be done. After several e-mails, I finally demanded my money back so that I could order from another company. Magically, the suit arrived two days later.
Nice products, but understand that you may not get exactly what you ordered and communication is almost non-existent.
PHinz up!!! We are the people our parents warned us about!!