imfromwales

Wings Sizeing Chart

I am looking for the sizing chart for the Wings W11 container.

Ive looked all over but cant see official Wings doccumentation on this. All I can find is the following link that says 150-170. I thought containers can usually fit 3 different main sizes and not just 2 like the table suggests?

http://www.garlyn.co.nz/wings/Wingsizingchart2.html

I used to own a Wings W11.

It was made for a Pilot 150 and Smart 150, but would also fit a Pilot 168, albeit quite tightly.

I then used it with a Pilot 132 without any problems either.

So it definitely could hold Pilots in the range 132, 140, 150 and 168. Add ZPX into the mix and you could get larger ones in there too.

I think I could have got my current Pilot 124 in as well, but I would definitely have had to think "pack big" when packing.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

You can't find a chart because Sunrise rigging does not publish a chart. They say that they make so many different sizes that it would not be practical. They prefer that you email them with any questions about sizing.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

You can't find a chart because Sunrise rigging does not publish a chart. They say that they make so many different sizes that it would not be practical. They prefer that you email them with any questions about sizing.

They used to have a published chart, but a few years ago they did away with it because they changed the sizing up a bit. So to prevent confusion, e-mail them with the serial number of the rig and they'll tell you exactly what it was made to fit.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I am looking for the sizing chart for the Wings W11 container.

Ive looked all over but cant see official Wings doccumentation on this. All I can find is the following link that says 150-170. I thought containers can usually fit 3 different main sizes and not just 2 like the table suggests?

http://www.garlyn.co.nz/wings/Wingsizingchart2.html

I have a w11 right now with a pilot 168 and a pdr 160 in it. I think it would be very hard to get a 190 in there but I think I could safely go down to a 135 in it. (I'm assuming the 135 since I have not tried it)

Also I know mirage only shows a 2 canopy size range in their rigs as well

I have a m4- (mirage shows 170 optimal 150 soft) with a sabre 2 170 and a pdr 160 in it. I have put a 190 in my mirage and it was tight.

So I guess the general rule of thumb is 2 sizes based on manufactures but 3 if you aren't a manufacture? I have always heard 3 sizes as well

they have it on there stock rigs on there website. There isn't in W11s on there now but this was mine when I bought it earlier this year

W11
Canopies: main PD 150-170, reserve PR 160

or a
W9
Canopies: main PD 150-170, reserve PR 143

if you wanted a smaller resverve

keep in mind that while some manufacturers offer a sizing that allows for some variation in both larger and smaller canopies in them with Wings they give you the largest possible PD sized canopy. If you are thinking of a Pilot perhaps consider a container size larger if you are not overly current or quick with packing.

The difference in container size is minimal and making the packing experience easier will make you more likely to make more jumps :)
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.