namdrib

Viso II ?

Just purchased a Viso II, was having a undesirably difficult time TURNING THE DAMN THING OFF! I realize that this turns off by itself after 14 hours, how many of you viso II users actually just let it turn off itself or do you recommend turning it off? Any help would be appreciated! **And for you smartarses out there, YES, I've read the manual. LOL
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

Just purchased a Viso II, was having a undesirably difficult time TURNING THE DAMN THING OFF! I realize that this turns off by itself after 14 hours, how many of you viso II users actually just let it turn off itself or do you recommend turning it off? Any help would be appreciated! **And for you smartarses out there, YES, I've read the manual. LOL

I let it turn off by itself. I can't be bothered to have to use the manual every time I turn it off. The only way I have successfully turned it off is sitting with the manual open and following the steps.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

it's actually pretty easy. Get into the user menu to where it says off. Then hold down (i think) the top button through the countdown. I turn mine off when getting in the car for the drive home or if travelling the same day. Otherwise I just let it turn off by itself. PM me if your still having issues.
my pics & stuff!

Never turned it's off manually (and can't find the reason to do so))
but if you want to - enter in menu (as per manual) - enter in setup selector (holding center button for 5 sec) - select OFF item and hold the center button until it's off
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

It's pretty easy really.

You press two buttons together 3 times then go to the menu menu then press another few buttons a total of 14 or , er 15 times until the unit flashes green then get the manual out, try to hold it open in one hand whilst simultaneously pushing 4 buttons together then the manual flops shut so you lose your page. Finally you stuff the damn thing it in your kit bag and let it turn itself off. :P

It's pretty easy really.

You press two buttons together 3 times then go to the menu menu then press another few buttons a total of 14 or , er 15 times until the unit flashes green then get the manual out, try to hold it open in one hand whilst simultaneously pushing 4 buttons together then the manual flops shut so you lose your page. Finally you stuff the damn thing it in your kit bag and let it turn itself off. :P

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has had this same experience. :)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I turn it off every single time.
I`m not trying to bash you, but you must read AND understand the manual. :P
Basicaly, you have two levels of menus.
First level shows you data and things. Second level is setup.
1. You enter second level and cycle it until you get to "OFF".
2. You hold top and bottom buttons together until it switches off.

dudeist skydiver #42

With most L&B products it is press and hold... not press press press press press press. You can get lucky by pressing buttons a million times, but you're better of using some finesse!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Does anyone get accurate speed readings from their Viso 2? My last 3 jumps were hop n pop, but I ended up doing 20 second delays. I had the viso set to student mode, and SAS. The 3 speeds were 500mph, 840Mph and 600Mph!
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Not in that extreme, but my N3 suffers with fairytale speed reading, 280's, 260's with 126mph average for example.
Just trying to figure out at what point in the dive i can land without a parachute,as i having an empty cornflakes box standing by.:P

.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.