skydiverek

"Sabre 1" larger slider dimensions

Can anyone tell me what the dimensions are for the larger slider that cures hard openings on Sabre 1? And I am talking about using this measuring method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZB0sNdUOcs

Plus, does anyone have a spare one, or can make one? PM me please, if yes.

Talk to MEL (masterrigger1). I bet he can fix you up.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

At 3:27 in the video you posted, it states that you can find all slider dimensions at PD's website Support > Sport > Line Trim Charts.

Check it out!

http://www.performancedesigns.com/support.asp?filter=sport

Also, knowing what size Sabre you are working with might help.

Another option to find the info would be to contact PD. They sold me one a few years back and seemed more than happy to tell me the dimensions of their latest slider.

Good luck!

When I had my Sabre I called PD for a new slider after some brutal openings (mine had the original slider on it). I believe the dimensions were 29" x 31". This was for a Sabre 190 with the dual brake lines.
All you need to do is call PD and ask them, thats what I did...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Out of curiosity what size is the Sabre, what condition is the lineset, have you measured to see how the lineset conforms to the chart? Just askin. The only oversize slider that worked well for me was on a 120 with out of trim lines. The slider was original span but 2" wider chord. When PD put on a new lineset I went back to the stock slider, canopy opened perfectly and still does. I'm always looking for new data on Sabre openings and sliders, lots of people will benefit from your experience.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I own a legacy Sabre 210, when I measured the original slider it was 20"x30". Made for some very sporty openings and a few that were painful. I contacted PD and enquired about a bigger slider, they sent me the 26"x31" "newer model", so I installed it expecting it to make a slight difference. To be honest the difference in opening is incredible (so far) it takes a lot longer to open and its way softer. I had to stop rolling the nose so tight and so much just to get it to open quicker. I must say, so far, very happy with the bigger slider.
Bad decisions make good stories!!

I have a Sabre 1 190 and i've had a couple of hard openings. I sorted these by learning to pack and doing it myself, not had one hard opening since. top tips for packing a sabre 1, roll the tail a lot I find 10 times works and bungee the break lines this not only slows the opening but also stops line overs :)
Spank the

I had a lip sewn onto my Sabre 150 and it fixed all of that. It became a very well behaved canopy afterwards. Got one sewn onto a foul tempered Para Flite Turbo Z too.

Ther dimensions ARE of the latest slider (as found on PD website), but it still opens brutally hard... That is why I was looking for another solution.