JoshuaJH

Securing jumpsuit booties

I recently got a new Bev Suits competition RW suit and I love it. My only concern is the booties the more I get into free flying. It is clear why you can't sit fly with booties but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for securing them? I've thought about folding the bootie around my ankle then securing it in place with a big elastic/velcro strap but I don't know if thats such a good idea. Anyone have any suggestions?

+1 on getting the right tool for the job.

The leg grippers will also catch air and be a massive hassle sit-flying (this is the voice of comical experience) :P

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Folding them over is what I did when I wasn't allowed them on. They never came loose in freefall. Mine was a symbiosis suit for reference.

Your booties probably won't come loose in freefall when you just fold them under, provided you stick to flying on your belly.
But now think about where the relative wind is coming from when someone is sitflying or in a stand-up, like this jumper is wanting to do.

ciel bleu,
Saskia