chicagoskydiver

I'm still alive

Those of you who know me may be wondering " whatever happened to that chicagoskydiver guy...I think he must have fallen off the edge of the earth without his rig and bounced." Well, I'm still around but not in the sport...at least for now. I'm in the process of applying to some MBA programs to start this summer. I don't have the time or money for skydiving right now, but after I graduate with my MBA and start making the big bucks I'll be jumping my ass off. There's hardly a day that goes by that I don't think about getting back in the air....but I need to focus on other priorities for now. I'm still retaining my uspa membership of course....don't want to lose my license number! Well, for those of you who may be wondering whatever happened to me....that's the story.
Hackey

Hey, how can we forget one of the infamous "texas rules" crew? Not only that, but Viking wouldn't have a cool quote without you! B|

Glad to hear your doing well, can't wait to hear that you're back to jumping again, though.B|

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That was a borrowed jumpsuit, and I biffed it in that weekend, tore the knee. I felt horrible about it (understandably), went to the guy, offered to either pay for the suit or pay for the repairs, he told me "don't worry about it, if that's the worst thing that happens to me this weekend, it'll be a good weekend."

Skydivers are so cool.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

That was a borrowed jumpsuit, and I biffed it in that weekend, tore the knee. I felt horrible about it (understandably), went to the guy, offered to either pay for the suit or pay for the repairs, he told me "don't worry about it, if that's the worst thing that happens to me this weekend, it'll be a good weekend."

Skydivers are so cool.

Defininitely can't argue with that....it's what I miss most about the sport....the comraderie...that and the adrenaline rush...and the totally georgeous skydiving babes...and....etc. etc. the list goes on.
Hackey

after I graduate with my MBA and start making the big bucks

After you graduate and if this happens let me know. I just graduated with my MBA last June. I'm still stcuk in the same job I had before and far from making the big bucks.
On a serious note, best of luck to you. It's a lot of work but hopefully eventually well worth it. Where are you applying to?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

still got your quote as my sig, its a damn good one.

Glad to hear your ok and havn't given up on us crazy people.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

That was the best weekend of skydiving I ever had!

Hey!! I recall pulling you off the landing area with a busted leg a few summers ago. Surely, THAT has to be the best weekend. Wasn't so cool then, but it's a great story now.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

That was the best weekend of skydiving I ever had!

Hey!! I recall pulling you off the landing area with a busted leg a few summers ago. Surely, THAT has to be the best weekend. Wasn't so cool then, but it's a great story now.

For sure....and I still have a nice scar and a metal plate in my ankle to show for it. That makes me a member of the "permanent hardware club" :D..I get a kick out of the look on whuffos' faces when they ask how I did it and I tell them I did it skydiving. One guy told me "well at least you did it doing something exciting. When I broke my ankle I just did it falling down the stairs" :D...I'll never forget how you followed me to the hospital that day...that was really cool.
Hackey

I'll never forget how you followed me to the hospital that day...

I almost forgot! We sent you to the hospital in the back of a rescue unit. After that, I started treating people in the landing area and transporting them in the back of a pickup. Poor skydivers just can't afford a $500 ambulance ride 7 miles up the road.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal